ING is looking for:
Talented MSc students interested in an internship in the field of Predictive Analytics. As ING, we understand the responsibilities we have as a bank in our society at large and respect the privacy of our customers at all times. Therefore, Predictive Analytics is one of the key strategic themes within ING: we believe that services based on Predictive Analytics will help our customers manage their financial future better.
The ideal candidates are looking for the challenge to translate their Machine Learning and Statistical knowledge into data driven insights and added value propositions in practice for ING customers.
What are you going to do?
You are going to work on a real life project from start-to-finish, as a Junior Data Scientist. The Predictive Analytics team has multiple projects running simultaneously, so there is a large number of opportunities you could work on. In these projects, without exception, new and innovative angles have been proven valuable from both a business and scientific point of view.
Your work environment
Throughout your internship, you will be guided by an appointed team member. You will be working closely with the involved line-management to develop a proposition based on Advanced Predictive Analytics to deliver a pilot-tested and ready-to-implement algorithm. Furthermore, you will cooperate with the IT team that is responsible for implementing the algorithm to ensure your proposition will actually work in practice.
Who are you?
You recognize yourself in the following personal profile:
- Results driven: combine real impact with excellent academic results
- Learning attitude: pro-actively look to further develop yourself
- Team-player: seek to make others successful
- Curious and creative: deeply understand the business and scientific challenge at hand
And in the following professional profile:
- Master student, looking for an internship for a period of 6 months in a quantitative field
- Strong background in Machine Learning and Statistics (classification, prediction, clustering)
- Fluency in at least R and experience in either Hive or SQL
- Apache Pig/MapReduce/Python experience is a plus
Who are we?
The Predictive Analytics team, that is responsible for many projects across various departments within ING Domestic Bank The Netherlands. We are a relatively young team (average age is 30 with a standard deviation of 7) always looking for the best result for our customers and improving ourselves personally and professionally.