User Interface Developer
OmschrijvingUser Interface Developer for C++/Qt based Advanced Simulation Technology
Location: Utrecht area, Netherlands
The SKF Engineering Software Development (ESD) department has global responsibility for SKF engineering software product portfolio and works in close co-operation with the international product divisions, the technical development centers, application engineers and SKF-customers on calculation models of bearings and bearing applications. The software products to simulate these applications are based on state of the art in-house developed technology as well as on advanced finite element programs.
The development team in Netherlands is focused mainly on the research and development of the most heavily used software in our portfolio with more than 2000 users. The software is based on advanced simulation technology supporting SKF engineers and its customers to evaluate the performance of SKF bearing arrangements for a wide range of applications and conditions. For this software platform, a User Interface Developer is needed to support the team in continuous development and improve the user experience in preparation for digitalization era. Visit our website www.skf.com for more information about our organization.
- Work together with User experience experts and develop, test, maintain user interface of SKF engineering software within the ESD portfolio
- Develop high level and detailed user flow diagrams, wireframes, storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and functional design
- To take the user requirements and translate them into detailed software enhancements
- To engage with stakeholders that provide input data to the engineering software programs
- Provide a guiding voice in the discussions regarding future advancements in the user interface
- To be available on demand in complex customer projects as UI expert in the specific field of competence related to modelling & simulation
- To be proactive and innovative in problem solving
- To be capable of active listening
- To provide and to seek constructive feedback
- To follow the EHS (environment, health and safety) regulations and guidelines
- To follow the ISO 9001, SKF internal quality systems and other applicable standards
- MS or BS with 5+ years’ experience in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design
- Experience with modern object-oriented programming (C++) which is our primary software development language
- Experience implementing GUIs, Graphics and Rendering
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience with QT Core, QT GUI, QT WebKit, QT Designer, QT Forms
- Experience in working in projects and able to plan own work
- Experience working in Agile and Scrum development
- Possess an explorative mind set with an innovative scientific approach
- Self-motivated, proactive team member, customer-focused and result-oriented
- Strong focus on reaching targets and delivering results
- Excellent communication skills and a good command of the English language
The following are not mandatory but will give the eligible candidate a distinct advantage:
- Experience with 3D graphics framework (such as OpenGL) a strong plus
- Knowledge about software as a service and cloud infrastructure
We are searching for a dynamic individual who is enthusiastic to learn and grow in an innovative and supportive environment.
Working in an international team developing world class, scientific software, the selected candidate will interact with different branches of SKF collaborating in challenging projects to develop calculation modules for desktop as well as cloud installations. We offer competitive employment conditions and support your professional development within SKF.
If you a User Interface Developer with an eye for creativity and simplicity, we want to hear from you.
If you are interested and meet the above requirements please send your application, including curriculum vitae and a motivation letter. Please use the application form.
For more information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Andre Van IJzendoorn, HR Business Partner, SKF Netherlands at +31 30 6075835.
Please submit your application and CV, no later than 30th of June.
Agency calls are not appreciated.