Are you an action oriented and determined person, who is able to work very accurately? Have you been recognized by others as a team player, a strong communicator, and someone who is result-driven? If you have these attributes and you are looking for a position within the dynamic world of inland transportation, then the job of Transport Coordinator might be the best next step in your career!
Transport Coordinator is a very dynamic position in an international and operational environment. Being a part of our team means to have a wide range of varied duties and good terms of employment and benefits. As a Transport Coordinator you’ll:
· act as a spider in the web to organize, optimize and monitor the inland transportation of the Maersk business
· Acquire strong knowledge about multi-modal hinterland transport (truck, rail, barge, claims)
· Have high exposure to both internal and external stakeholders.
Our main goal is to make our promise delivered to Maersk’s precious customers. To achieve that goal, we expect our Transport Coordinators to:
· Optimize transport planning in the most efficient way for our customer and stakeholders
· Efficient, effective and timely management as well as execution of transport orders
· Secure that all activities within the Intermodal Rail/Barge department are handled in a proper and timely manner
· Integrate data from various sources and systems
· Ensure correct estimations in transport planning system
· Maintain proper and accurate administration
· Meet on time delivery (OTD) requirements and follow on discrepancies with suppliers and Customer Service
· Manage stakeholder; adequately and proactively inform Customers, Customer Service departments, Global Service Centres as well as Suppliers
· Be like a spider in a web and cooperating with variety of stakeholders within our complex networks
· Continuously scan daily operation to identify productivity opportunities; give ideas and show improvement opportunities to the leader
· Analyse data to ensure cost savings as well as organise inland transportation making sure that we find right balance between cost and customer satisfaction.
· Experience in a similar intermodal position. However, experience in container business or a combination of talent and proven portfolio will also count as a qualifier
· Understanding of Inland operational processes
· Ability to identify weak spots and proactively engage in analysis and solutions
· Ability to timely and proactively communicate internally and externally to relevant stakeholders
· Result orientation and strong sense of urgency
· Value adding team player
· An excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language.
What we offer:
A career at MAERSK means working in a culturally diverse, performance stimulating environment. You’ll be part of a rich heritage and a youthful and exuberant logistics company that aims to be an inspiring and challenging place to work. We believe that a successful career includes a variety of experiences that stretch you, take you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to grow in ways that also build your business.
We offer you:
· Competitive annual wages and 29 days of annual leave
· Special leaves without loss of salary
· Collective Health Insurance
· Pension plan
· Long service awards
· Transportation allowance (Public Transport Card)
· Pool bikes (available for example during lunch break)
· Continuous professional and personal development
· Education Assistance (trainings and courses)
· Discount in Fitness Centres
· Discount in our canteen
· Fresh fruits every day in the office
· Great atmosphere and working with best professionals.
A long-term successful career can be achieved when what you’re passionate about, what you’re good at and what’s needed by our business all come together. Be part of an exciting team. It’s time to leave your mark on our world. How? By using the apply button to register your application. We’re looking forward to meeting you.