The NWC Cluster is set on a mission: Deliver 2019 targets and grow! We’re looking for a Trade and Marketing Analyst to promote the business, own the trades, provide market intelligence and support the commercial organization with valuable decision-making information to ensure they win the business we set out to get
The successful applicant will be responsible for the trade delivery of volume and revenue and will report to the Cluster Trade and Marketing Manager
Post can be in 2 different locations - Antwerp and Rotterdam. Please make sure you apply to proper location.
• Responsible for delivering the volumes and revenue on the trades under his/her responsibility, including cargo mixing improvement, services analysis and business planning for the coming quarters or years
• Build the trade’s business plan and model ship, ensuring we take on board the right cargo, at the right rate and profitability levels
• Deliver market mapping and business intelligence information, to understand better the market we work in, and support the commercial organization with valuable information and sniper action plans. Understand the industries in NWC market, macro and micro economic factors that might affect the delivery of our targets and plan accordingly
• Develop the direction setting and strategic action plans directed towards the sales organization, for the trades under his/her scope. Propose and support pricing tactics to ensure market-relevant rate levels, with the maximum yield optimization at heart
• Detention and Demurrage analysis, alignment with the other companies in the group, update and delivery of targets. Review and maintain the surcharge structure, implementing new ones and reviewing existing ones when required
• Support Intermodal and VAS development. As per the new ONE MAERSK strategy, focus on the development of Inland, CHB, Value Protect, and other VAS.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in commercial or operational roles in transport and Logistics. Key stakeholder management skills preferred
• Bachelor degree, MBA is preferred. Desired fields of studies: Transport, Logistics, Business or Economics
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English are required
• Analytical and results-driven spirit, ownership and accountability on the trade’s results required.
• Commercial mindset and knowledge of the North-West Continent area geography and markets
• Strong financial analytical and modelling skills
• Proven sound business judgment; the ability to set direction and establish priorities for medium/long term objectives consistent with the company’s global strategies.
• High sense of urgency.
• Ability to manage complexity and promote simplification.
• Capacity to influence without direct authority and manage communications with HQ and Sales + Customer Service departments. Strong communications skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders.
• Perseverance, persistency, pragmatism.
What we offer:
• International experience working for the global integrator of container logistics group, in a dynamic, global industry.
• Exposure across-countries and geographies, expanding knowledge on the short-sea shipping segment.
• Work with colleagues and clients across the world.
• Excellent training development opportunities and global career prospects.
• Enhance your communication, problem solving and analytical skills, while at the same time developing stakeholder management across the different functions
• Competitive salary and bonus package.