Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding our customers' expectations worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From inkjet printers, 3LCD interactive projectors, to augmented reality smart glasses and robots, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
Epson is recruiting for an experienced sustainability manager - eco-design and product safety expert. The sustainability manager is responsible for the overall Epson EMEAR compliance, eco-design and product safety legislation. You will also advise both Seiko Epson Corporation Japan and Epson Europe on product management/operations including the European Marketing Department on compliance affecting Epson's products across the EMEAR.
You will be responsible for developing departmental strategies in preparation of governmental policy and regulatory trends. Supporting tender documentations and overall coordination and administration of ISO14001 and ISO9001 implementation, internal/external audits reports. This role will report to the head of government affairs and corporate sustainability manager and is based from our Amsterdam offices in the Netherlands.
* Tracks EMEAR regulatory requirements and prepares for implementation and market access
* Tracks regulatory developments relating to the electrical and electronic performance, energy efficiency and 'eco-design' as well as product safety of Epson products. Tracking covers a full range of activities including monitoring, reporting, assessing, lobbying and, planning for implementation, with the aim of being the EEB recognised expert on this topic
* Advises SEC HQ in Japan as well as EEB product management, product operations and European marketing department on implementation of new legislative requirements as well as compliance with eco-design and product safety legislation across EMEAR
* Prepare various reports to meet internal and external reporting obligations
* Represents Epson to intercompany alliances and policy makers
* Represents Epson to government authorities, in national trade associations and inter-company alliances concerned with eco-design and product safety matters Marketing and sales support
* Supports product management and Sales to understand compliance with eco-design and product safety requirements * Answers internal/external customer enquiries on chemical matters related to Epson's products
* Prepares dossier and applies for various eco labels and/or marketing related certifications ISO 14001/9001 implementation and coordination
* Coordinates the implement and maintenance of the ISO 14001/9001 management systems in the Epson Sales Companies (ESCs) Sofi Database
* Coordinates the data collection in ESCs on non-financial indicators and produces summarized results annually
Knowledge skills and experiences:
* Educational background in EU studies, sustainability management or technical education providing adequate academic and practical understanding of the issues affecting electrical and electronic performance (ErP Directive), energy efficiency, 'eco-design' and product safety (EMC, LVD, RED directives/regulations)
* Good theoretical understanding of the regulatory and legislative processes within Europe is required. Related experience is desirable
* Ability to read and interpret legal texts (ErP Directive, EMC, LVD, RED, etc...)
* Strong influencing skills
* Able to constantly deliver high level of accuracy and quality
* Ability to work within a team environment and to communicate effectively
* Ability to think creatively rather than simply follow defined processes
* Ability to work to tight deadlines, while remaining focused
* Ability to generate reporting (on science-based targets, SDGs, sustainability indicators) within a software such as SoFi is required
* Good understanding and experience with ISO 14001 & 9001 standards are required
* IT literate, including MS Office Excel
* Excellent command of the English both verbally and written If you are seeking an opportunity to work with a leading brand, growing market share with end-user clients within the private and public sector, we are keen to hear from you
Epson makes products and delivers solutions for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce.
We offer a competitive salary with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our European Headquarters in Amsterdam feel valued as part of our global community and work in an excellent location with close proximity to Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena stations (bus, train, metro).
This is a permanent role with an initial 12 months contract being offered to the successful candidate.