Centre of Excellence (CoE) Data, Analytics & Integration is part of the Global IT organization and is responsible for the implementation of information systems worldwide. Due to expansion of the team in Oosterhout, we are looking for a Solution Engineer to deliver solutions and support the data driven digital transformation. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements for globally used core-applications considering the simplification and rationalization of the application landscape. You’ll provide application specific expertise in supporting IT Business Partners in validating business requirements and solution choice.
You will be responsible for the development of relevant global IT solution options and designs, building and deploying relevant IT solutions by either ‘Managing the build’ through 3rd Party Service Providers or individually by Driving and developing business requirements into proposed solution design/component.
• Driving evaluation of options to identify best suited solution to achieve business benefits.
• Providing relevant process, system and application specific expertise.
• Designing and documenting the functional and non-functional specifications.
• Contributing to the development of cost and resource estimates.
• Contributing to the definition and maintenance of the CoE’s application architecture, standards and
Working with Project Managers to contribute to:
• Owning the entire global solution design and delivery process for relevant application areas in a
• Development of the work plan for the project
• Designing and reviewing functional, integration and user acceptance tests.
• Assuring the completeness and reliability of documentation delivered by the project
• Validation and quality assurance on 3rd party deliverables
Skills & experience:
• Subject related university degree or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
• Understanding of end-to-end systems development standards, methodologies and lifecycles
(including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
• Extensive working experience in solution design, application development, business analysis, project
delivery or other relevant subject areas
• Sound understanding of the data models associated with the relevant application set
• Good knowledge of Business Process Modelling
• Experience of analysing and breaking down problems and information using structured frameworks
• Application Architecture experience in a relevant business domain in another FMCG or tobacco
company would be highly desirable but not essential
What we offer:
Imperial Brands offers an independent full-time position with room for initiative within an international and dynamic organization. Our company culture is characterized by openness, drive and enthusiasm. We provide an attractive salary with various additional legal benefits.