The Randstad Group is the global leader in the HR services industry and specialized in solutions in the field of flexible work and human resources services. Our services range from regular temporary Staffing and permanent placements to Inhouse Services, Professionals, and HR Solutions (including Recruitment Process Outsourcing, Managed Services Programs, and outplacement). In 2019, Randstad generated revenue of € 23.7 billion. Randstad was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in Diemen, the Netherlands. Randstad N.V. is listed on the NYSE Euronext Amsterdam, where options for stocks in Randstad are also traded. For more information, see www.randstad.com.
Randstad’s purpose is: supporting people and organizations in realizing their true potential. And this starts with making your work meaningful every day. It’s people-work at its best. Making work meaningful.
As a visual designer you are part of the Orbit core team and you are overall responsible for the design decision making and consultancy in maintaining the Orbit Design System.
Orbit is the Global Design System of Randstad. Our vision is to have a consistent brand experience on all digital products, for any brand. Our mission is to enable teams to create better digital products, more consistently and efficiently. We do this by giving access to a single source of truth in design & code. We mainly focus on the global central platform (e.g. https://randstad.co.uk).
● We work with an international team, with different time zones.
● A dedicated team for the design system with a Product Owner and Developers.
● We closely work with the feature teams in Global and the Netherlands.
● Currently Dutch speaking design system team.
Your typical day includes
● Have a call with a front-end to review a couple of components.
● Team stand-up to refine new stories.
● Have a block of 4 hours to design new Randstad components and to work on new page designs for a Randstad sub brand.
● Help out our juniors on accessibility decisions.
● Have a session with the lead product designer to review new component proposals.
● Hands-on visual designing of components and pages.
● Responsible for making visual design decisions for the multi theme Orbit design system.
● Overall responsible (together with the Product Owner) for the Sketch (& Figma pilot) Design System files.
● Responsible for the design detailed hand-off to the front-end development team (Jira stories).
● Involved in product experience decisions for the global central website.
● Communicate the UX strategy and vision to both leadership and feature teams to help drive and evangelize the Orbit - design system - strategy.
In return for your talent and effort we pay a good, competitive salary and offer attractive benefits. Job security and a great work-life balance mean we take care of each other. Imagine having an instant network where everyone wants you to succeed. And we have the numbers to back that up: we’re 38,280 employees strong, with over 4,861 offices in 38 countries. And 47% of our management is female.
Randstad’s performance standards are high, but as a team, we’ll make sure you reach and even exceed them through a wide range of learning and development opportunities. Joining our team means getting to work with great people. Each of them is crucial to maintaining our open-minded, entrepreneurial, and vibrant company culture. Sure you’ll work hard, but this hard work is also rewarded, and success is celebrated. It’s the culture you’ll find in any of our global Randstad offices.