A wide-ranging and strategic role for a highly analytical and proactive finance professional
AkzoNobel is the world’s leading supplier of Paints and Coatings to the Consumer and Professional markets worldwide. We are home to famous brands such as Sikkens and Dulux, and we have ambitious plans to increase our sales and market share across all territories.
Within this context, your mission in this role is to act as a Senior Business Partner towards the Professional channel for Benelux. In doing so you work as the ‘right hand’ of the Sales Director, interacting daily across all channels including the Franchise Organization, our own store network, independent wholesalers and builders merchants. Thus the role demands advanced Controlling knowledge as well as the powerful Business Partner skills and strong personality necessary to spar with senior management on tactical decision preparation.
Is this a challenge that matches your profile as an experienced negotiator who can co-formulate a strategy that delivers on our short- and long-term business and financial objectives? Have you acquired a practical understanding of ERP and Finance systems? Can you operate with a high degree of autonomy, seeing the big picture while keeping an eye on the details? Above all, can you make a real difference within our dynamic, multinational and multicultural business environment?
If you offer all this and more we invite you to apply for the role of
Senior Sales Controller
The role and its responsibilities
This position is based at our major site in Sassenheim, the Netherlands, with regular travel to our other locations in the Benelux. Your core task is to act as an agile pivot and commercial navigator who can play a central role in helping AkzoNobel to achieve its business objectives. This involves a number of specific responsibilities as you:
- Participation in the Go To Market in the Professional channel, support in preparation of the negotiations and customer visits.
- Translate our 5-year strategy into regional/country/channel operating plans, yearly budget, Quarterly Forecasts;
- Act as a Business Partner for all M&A activities;
- Understand all parts of the P&L including parts managed by other financial managers;
- Validate and challenge business cases for new product introductions, restructuring, investments etc in close cooperation with Sales, Marketing, FP&A, Integrated Supply Chain, Accounting, Tax, Treasury and other stakeholders;
- Drive monthly performance against target and strategy and take pro-active measures if required.
At all times you challenge assumptions and performance against market conditions and competitors, formulating and actively driving OPI growth, risks and opportunities and closing the gap actions highlighted in the Integrated Business Planning cycle. In doing so you ‘own’ financial projection and analysis, assuming overall responsibility for the Country/Channel P&L and OCF delivery (including OWC).
To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
- University degree in Finance or Accounting and, preferably, an Executive Master of Finance and Control (Registered Controller) or CMA or CIMA, or MBA;
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in Finance and Control;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines;
- Able to drive cultural and organizational change across different finance pillars;
- Good working knowledge of systems such as SAP, Hyperion, BW;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including a high level of written and spoken Dutch and English.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. In addition to a good salary, you can expect excellent terms of employment. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development.
We welcome your online application via our website
, reference 1900035A or use the
button. Please note that applications sent by mail will not be considered. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Ariane Kräutner, Senior Talent Resourcing Partner, phone
+31 (0)88 0106789
, option 2.
Feedback is expected to be given by October 3rd. An online assessment might be part of the selection process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated
AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We’re experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect. For more information please visit