Long before it became fashionable to talk about the need to be ‘digital first’, ING has recognised and invested in the power of new technologies to transform our customers’ banking experience.
To work at ING Tech is to be surrounded by inspiring colleagues who insist constantly on being more tomorrow than we are today: not just by embracing a digital future — but by inventing it. Who work continually to optimise pioneering, reliable and feasible technological ways to improve our customers’ lives. Add the complexity of working across international environments and a career with ING Tech becomes even more challenging and rewarding.
Working at Europe’s biggest online bank
With 40 million customers depending on our technologies, ING is the Europe’s largest online bank and the biggest employer of IT professionals in The Netherlands. At ING you will only work with the best technologies, the latest methodologies and the most talented people.
A real engineering culture
We recruit only the very best engineers: superior technical knowledge is the basis for superior products. As an ING Tech professional, you will work on projects that make a real difference: either to our customers or to your colleagues.
ING is looking for an excellent DEV engineer to strengthen the team responsible for the Global Digital Channels of ING Wholesale Banking.
You will be primarily contributing to the InsideBusiness Connect platform (IBC), a host-to-host file transfer solution for the automated processing of large volumes of payment orders from commercial customers, and the provision of reports back to them.
The focus of IBC is on securing data by using signing and encryption, as well as exchanging data by means of file transfer protocols.
Your work will involve delivering (DEV) and running (OPS) IT solutions in a BizDevOps team.
OUR (AND YOUR) TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND OPPORTUNITIES:
- Develop and maintain backend and frontend software, APIs, as well as software that's supplied to customers
- Technical operations of those systems
- Automate our own work as much as possible
- Customer support on the software that's supplied to customers
- Maintain and improve the build pipelines
- Improve your colleagues and yourself by sharing knowledge
- Host and visit Tech Talks and Tech Lunches
- Meeting the appropriate availability, integrity and confidentiality our stakeholders expect
- Consider the outcome of prioritization processes and related dependencies
- Improve time-to-market
- Add business value
- Freedom of choice in used technologies (after convincing the team...)
- Opportunities for personal development
- Master of Science in Computer Science or an equivalent field
- You love technology and naturally stay up-to-date on relevant new developments
- You can translate the business requirements to IT solutions
- You are able to develop efficient and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution
- Sound knowledge of encryption and PKI
- Experience with automation of the development pipeline
- Good knowledge Linux fundamentals, with the ability to apply it in the context of modern operating systems
- Sound knowledge of communication protocols (e.g HTTP, SFTP, FTPS, AS2, EBICS)
- Knowledge of Docker and friends
- Knowledge of Ansible
- Knowledge of networking, firewalls, proxies, and VPNs is preferred
- You are proactive, perseverant and value a multi-cultural work environment
- You have the ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- You have very good analytical and problem solving skills
- You are proficient in English
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization of ING Global Digital Channels.
We operate according to a Scrum development process and strongly believe in the BizDevOps approach to delivering IT solutions.
The focus is on delivering high-quality, mission-critical software in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business.
Feature delivery is driven by the priorities determined by the Business and Product Owners, working on a day-to-day basis with the IT organization to ensure the delivery of optimal added value.