Do you have strong project management skills and GxP knowledge? Then Astellas has an interesting opportunity for you.
Senior Manager Programs and Projects
As Senior Manager Programs and Projects, you will ensure the alignment of existing information systems with business requirements across Astellas Value Chain including Research (DDR), Medical & Development (M&D), Pharmaceutical Technology (PT), and Quality Assurance (QA) globally for a certain function in collaboration with Relationship Management (RM) and Application Life Cycle Management (ALCM) Teams. The role will execute and support solution or project delivery across Astellas Value Chain in support of business change to enhance the value of information to the business for that function.
Initiate and manage R&D Partner programs & projects
- Define the validation approach and detailed user requirement specifications
- Ensure functional and/or technical designs are specified and created and that deliverables as described are met and signed off as appropriate
- Manage the execution of approved programs & projects and perform project management tasks
Identify opportunities for evolution and innovation of the applied business information systems
- Collaborate with RM Team to analyze information requirements and needs of business customers
- Support RM & ALCM Teams to prepare project proposals and briefs
- Promote the portfolio of R&D Partner products & services (solutions)
- Collaborate with RM & ALCM Teams to stimulate the use of available Information Systems.
Follow and understand the direction and context of business and IT developments and the implications of these developments for specific solutions related to business processes:
- Support ALCM Team to keep up to date with business developments within the area of responsibility;
- Search for improvements, influence the business and initiate infrastructure projects as appropriate
Define the global information strategy for Value Chain information needs for a certain function
- Collaborate with RM Team to take business and technical requirements into account globally when information strategies and plans are developed.
Perform impact scans to understand the market place for a certain information need
- Support RM Team to create an information strategy, determine the priority of the demands and collaborate to describe high level user requirements with input from the business;
- Collaborate with RM Team to write Requests for Information (RFI) and performs market research;
- Retrieve answers on the RFI and establishes a shortlist together with the business;
- Collaborate with Procurement & RM Team to write Request for Proposal (RFP), to perform due diligence and to negotiate contracts to enable the selection of a preferred vendor from the shortlist, in cooperation with the business and shared services departments;
- Compile the business case showing the Total Cost of Ownership and intangible benefits, including financial, organizational, procedural and technological consequences.
You will also manage or participate in global, cross regional and/or regional R&D Partner project teams.
Your personal qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience:
- Over 5 years experience in Pharmaceutical environment;
- Over 5 years experience in project management;
- Over 3 years experience in the area of database administration, programming, report builder or similar is desired;
- Masters University degree or acquired by education and/or work experience in IT, business administration or equivalent;
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements concerning GxP applications (preferably GAMP5 and 21 CFR Part 11)
- Experience in managing vendors (application vendors and service providers);
- Fluent English (verbally and written);
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills;
- Be stress-resistant and analytical;
- Demonstrated learning ability and ability to acquire new skills as part of the job;
- Well developed collaborative social skills.
- Project management certification is desirable.
- A challenging and diversified job in an international setting
- Good career opportunities
- Inspiring dynamic work climate
- Attractive remuneration, which includes:
- a 13th month
- excellent pension policy
- health insurance compensation
- collective health insurance
- company own saving scheme arrangement
- 25 Holidays + 13 so called ADV Days
- and more….
At Astellas, we believe that nurturing a good relationship with our employees delivers good business results.
It is our stated aim in the VISION for Astellas to be recognised as an Employer of Choice. This means ensuring we are a highly effective organisation, that applies best-in-class people management, creates a positive working environment and has an inspirational company culture. This reflects the working culture of Astellas, outlines our expectations as an employer and captures the essence of our company ethos; CHANGING TOMORROW.
Astellas is a Japanese multinational pharmaceutical company employing over 16,500 people worldwide with global sales exceeding 11 billion euro. The group’s EMEA headquarters are based in London, with affiliates throughout Europe engaged in research & development (R&D), manufacturing and sales & marketing. With over 4,200 employees, EMEA is an important and growing Astellas region, having key strengths in the therapy areas of Urology, Transplantation, Anti Infectives, Pain Management and Oncology. The global annual R&D investment of 15% to 20% of sales is evidence of the group’s commitment to improving the health of people worldwide through the provision of innovative and reliable products. Astellas employs around 950 persons in the Netherlands, in Leiden and Meppel.
Please apply via the 'Apply' button. A VOG and/or background check can be part of the recruitment process.