This is the perfect chance to showcase your analytical and management skills and make your mark on Shell’s IT strategic success. With opportunities to develop leading edge skills and deepen your business knowledge with a supportive, global employer, where your skills and passion for excellence can thrive.
Where you fit
Here's the perfect opportunity to join our new IT Engineering business - a fast-paced, responsive business that’s fundamental to delivering the success of Shell IT, ensuring IT projects, programmes and products evolve in step with business needs.
As our Senior IT Resource Manager, you’ll sit within the Enterprise Resource Management (ERM) team, which focuses on selecting the right people to match business demand, allocating resources across IT Engineering, as well as leading on the processes and functional excellence across Shell IT.
Collaboration and connections are the key words to this role. Across various functions, from Contract and Procurement to Strategy and Planning, you’ll be helping to develop effective resource management processes and practices. Ensuring we have the very best information, systems and analytics to drive insights and support decision making across every level of the business.What’s the role?
You’re going to be using your expertise to manage resource allocation and matching demand for up to 1,500 full-time equivalent (FTE) roles per year, including staff and contractors, across multiple locations, lines of business and teams, within a multi-sourcing environment.
Your success will depend a lot on your ability to combine your hands-on resourcing skills alongside the strategic, as you help develop effective processes to identify current and future skills and capability gaps, ensuring that the IT business can achieve its goals and drive performance.
More specific responsibilities will include:
- Helping to drive continuous improvement of the resource management process for project delivery, and driving quality, availability, and consistency across the resource management data.
- Handling the release of resources from assignments.
- Managing escalations for respective groups in case of resource allocation issues.
- Supporting continuous improvements and other initiatives within the ERM team.
- Work and align with competency center managers/leads to discuss (new) staff capabilities.
- Work and align with demand owners (e.g. IT Manager, Product Manager, Portfolio Manager, Project Manager) to propose resources for allocation.
- Engage with senior stakeholders to discuss opportunity areas and drive outcome-based conversations based on reports and insights from ServiceNow and Power BI around Resource Management (including skills and capabilities, sourcing, and workforce plan).
Needless to say, collaboration and strong communication skills will be a vital part of your role. You’ll act as the liaison between project teams who have a demand for specific resources and with Capability Centre (CC) managers around staff capabilities, as well as working with the ERM Sourcing team to source contractors. It’s why you’ll also have a natural flair for nurturing great, often virtual, stakeholder relationships, as well as confidently dealing with any conflictual issues.Requirements
What we need from you
Along with your previous experience of managing a resourcing and talent planning service, you’ll also possess strong IT knowledge and ideally have some expertise in managing a diverse workforce strategy. Beyond that, we’re keen to hear from those of you with as much of the following on your CV:
- A proven track record of developing focused resourcing and talent strategies and solutions across diverse workforce models.
- An understanding of the disciplines and roles in IT projects and services.
- An ability to be delivery focused and able to deliver in a maturing business model
- Skilled at supporting and participating in developing effective solutions where broader frameworks might not be in place or be under development.
- Experience in managing teams and engaging with external suppliers.
- Skilled at Resource Management and Human Resources processes.
- Experience with reporting and analytics of resource data.
- Experience of team leadership and project and programme management.
- Be delivery focused and able to deliver in a maturing business model; support and participate in developing effective solutions where broader frameworks might not be in place or be under development.
- Experience in managing resourcing (demand validation, allocation, de-allocation, KPI tracking) for large accounts and engagements.
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
A rewarding place to work
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Interested in this position?
We are happy to get in touch with you! You can send your application by using the "Apply"
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal and informs you that your personal may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.