For Philips Homecare we're looking for an experienced embedded-electronic engineer capable of leading electronic projects. As a senior hardware engineer your challenge is to define hardware requisites, and to design and test electronic circuits under DFC, DFM and DFT concepts. You operate in multidisciplinary teams, and you coordinate with architects, mechanicals engineers and embedded software engineers for the development of modules and products. You also test/debug your prototypes, and you support test engineers in defining test and validation plans. When activities are outsourced you are the technical interface, and you monitor suppliers activities and analyze test reports and deliverables. In all projects you constantly align with Procurement and Cost engineers. You are responsible of coaching the hardware engineers of the electronic & software team, proposing development processes improvements and HW trainings.
You report directly to Integral Project Leaders (IPLs) in project teams, and to the Electronic & Software Group Leader (ESE-GL) in a matrix organization.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Responsible for designing domestic appliances electronic controls systems
• Ability to read, understand, and implement an electronic design from a marketing specification.
• Requires basic understanding of EN-standards and IEC/UL normatives for domestic appliances. Support testing engineers and QPLs.
• Ability to follow department standards, and procedures.
• Develop designs with minimal or no supervision for PCBAs controlling floorcare products. Monitor and guide PCB layout and prototyping.
• Provide professional communications skills with team members
• Provide proficient knowledge and interface to outside ODM/OEM suppliers.
• Provide support for Supply Chain and Life Cycle Management.
• Provide leadership and education to other team members, especially when acting as Electronic Project Leader.
• Provide quality workmanship in research and developing innovation.
• Provide technical assistance to other Engineering disciplines and PRC/Marketing/Procurement.
• Provide electronic interface to project teams via conference calls, design reviews, site surveys and procurement calls.
• Lead small HW development teams (EPL - Electric Project Leader) in larger project team.