Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: ASML, Philips Healthcare, Philips Lighting, Philips Research, TNO, FEI company, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
For Philips Homecare we're looking for an experienced embedded-electronic engineer capable of leading electronic projects. As a senior hardware engineer your challenge is to define hardware requisites, and to design and test electronic circuits under DFC, DFM and DFT concepts. You operate in multidisciplinary teams, and you coordinate with architects, mechanicals engineers and embedded software engineers for the development of modules and products. You also test/debug your prototypes, and you support test engineers in defining test and validation plans. When activities are outsourced you are the technical interface, and you monitor suppliers activities and analyze test reports and deliverables. In all projects you constantly align with Procurement and Cost engineers. You are responsible of coaching the hardware engineers of the electronic & software team, proposing development processes improvements and HW trainings.
You report directly to Integral Project Leaders (IPLs) in project teams, and to the Electronic & Software Group Leader (ESE-GL) in a matrix organization.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Responsible for designing domestic appliances electronic controls systems
• Ability to read, understand, and implement an electronic design from a marketing specification.
• Requires basic understanding of EN-standards and IEC/UL normatives for domestic appliances. Support testing engineers and QPLs.
• Ability to follow department standards, and procedures.
• Develop designs with minimal or no supervision for PCBAs controlling floorcare products. Monitor and guide PCB layout and prototyping.
• Provide professional communications skills with team members
• Provide proficient knowledge and interface to outside ODM/OEM suppliers.
• Provide support for Supply Chain and Life Cycle Management.
• Provide leadership and education to other team members, especially when acting as Electronic Project Leader.
• Provide quality workmanship in research and developing innovation.
• Provide technical assistance to other Engineering disciplines and PRC/Marketing/Procurement.
• Provide electronic interface to project teams via conference calls, design reviews, site surveys and procurement calls.
• Lead small HW development teams (EPL - Electric Project Leader) in larger project team.
• Deep knowledge of analog circuits, power circuits, and discrete components
• Deep knowledge of PCB/PCBAs manufacturing process, and design documents and production/testing procedures
• Altium CAD, LTSpice
• Good knowledge of electronic laboratory instruments, and ability to autonomously test/debug PCBAs prototypes
• Good level of understanding of electrical control systems
• Excellent communications skills, also in English
• Ability to speak professionally directly with team members, including mechanical engineers and system architects
• You have no objections to travel and occasionally work some days abroad
• You have a pro-active attitude and high quality mindset towards your assignment.
• Basic knowledge of embedded programming (C)
• Previous experience with ARM-Cortex microcontrollers
• Knowledge of SVN, Trac
• Previous experience in multyphysics modelling and simulation tools (MatLab/Simulink) is a plus
• Bachelor Engineering or master in Electronics
• Experience with electric motors driving - UM, DC, BLDC
• Experience with Li-Ion batteries management
• 8 years direct design experience
• Prior consumer or automotive experience. Large production volumes
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!