Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by 2025 delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Next to that you will be joining a nice work environment with fun colleagues that are always willing to help each other!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: Philips Healthcare, Philips Innovation Services, Philips Research, ASML, TNO, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
As Senior Electrical Engineer you will play a significant and impact contribution as electrical designer in the development of a new medical device product within EPD business of Philips. Next to that, you hold a key position for the growth of Philips Innovation Services as an electrical designer having familiarity with the mechatronics domain and the medical equipment domain.
The Mechatronics department of Philips Innovation Services (PInS) that is responsible for specification, design and realization of high-end mechatronic solutions. In this department is the group Electrical Systems & Motion Control SW responsible for the electrical and software control of these equipment and products.
As Senior electrical designer, you will work in a multi-disciplinary project team of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and our customers.
As Senior Electrical Engineer at PInS you are responsible for the next tasks:
• Define and align on concept level the electrical requirements and specifications for EPD products bringing in input from the reIevant stakeholders;
• Define, communicate and evolve a shared technological and architectural view of the electrical design;
• Validate technology assumptions, evaluate alternatives, and define higher-level functional and non-functional requirements of the electrical design;
• Provide electrical design, alignment with technology and business roadmaps and strategies, and technical leadership for the electrical team;
• In a later stage heIp define the project for building the chosen electrical design;
• Initiate and supervise the implementation and usage of the electrical design;
• Gather, define, write and document the electrical requirements specifications, usually based upon higher level system requirements & the system design specification.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
• Master degree in electrical engineering;
• Experience of 5-10 years within R&D HighTech Engineering (at least 3 years as Sr. Electrical Designer);
• High understanding of Mechatronic system knowledge on medical product development (cabling, connectors, sensors, actuators, EMC aspects);
• Experience with medical product/device development;
• Experience with applying AD and PDLM processes in Philips is preferred;
• Able to abstract from existing situation and roadmaps on conceptual level, but also able to translate conceptual level back to actionable / practical design;
• Good communication skills to interact with the other disciplines within the team and even more important with multiple business partners on technical and business level.
• Eager to team-up, not afraid to learn new things, Can Do mentality;
• Communicative, creative and agile team-player;
Depending on your work experience and educational level, we offer you a gross salary of €3.300 – €5.200 per month, and you are eligible for the Yacht bonus scheme. Next to that, there is a possibility to get a company car with fuel card. Besides this, we offer a healthy work-life balance with flexible hours and possibility to work from home. We also offer other benefits, such as collective discount on health insurance and a good pension scheme.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!