Everyday people employed through Randstad make sure that your luggage is loaded onto the plane, your takeaway is delivered on your doorstep and that our society's most vulnerable are cared for. Everytime we place talents in a new role, they make an impact on our society, and we make an impact on their and their employer’s future. As we are becoming a more and more data-driven organisation, data is a vital part of delivering on the promises we make to our talents and customers.
Randstad, Yacht and Tempo-Team possess an enormous quantity of data: the characteristics of millions of candidates and business data on clients, potentials and our own organisation.
Your team, DataHub, is responsible for providing the basis for our data infrastructure. Our data engineers work on a self-service data platform, making sure our data makes its way from a vast array of sources to the right place, enabling our Data Scientists and Operational Insights teams to build AI solutions and deliver the latest insights.
What will you be doing?
As a Data Platform Engineer you will be a vital part of designing and developing our cloud-based data platform. Together with the team you are involved in the full product development process, from scoping & design, to testing, documentation and (automated) implementation.
As a senior data engineer this includes:
- Taking on a guiding role within the team and setting up coding standards and guidelines
- Developing ways to improve self-service data consumption and data publishing including building and managing ETL pipelines in Airflow (responsible for ingesting the data and making it available to users), developing standard ways to deliver data in the DataHub, developing CI/CD pipelines and more
- Producing high quality code and reusable components, using containerization, CI/CD and other automation technologies
- You will be responsible for creating a backend for high availability and scalability, while at the same time being easily deployable, manageable and secure
- Building and managing the DataHub frontend, including a data catalog, DataHub users and project management, data subscriptions and more
- Advising both data customers and data producers in using the datahub
What is our Stack?
- ECS, Docker
- CloudFormation, Jenkins
- AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, lambda, RDS, Redshift, EMR, Glue)
So what would we like you to know and bring to the table?
- Our small, agile teams are just that: agile. You should be able to adapt to a variety of challenges and like quick feedback loops.
- Experience working in our tech stack, including Python, Linux, AWS cloud, Jenkins and GIT
- Experience with scripting/automation of tasks
- Experience with common devops and CI/CD practices to make your own work as easy as possible and guarantee the quality of our products
- Be comfortable working in test-driven development and know what this means
- Like working in a team, but take responsibility for your own tasks
- If you really want to impress us, you can do so by having experience in: containerization platforms like ECS and Kubernetes, EKS and Docker; Redshift; AWS serverless services (Lambda); Spark; SQL; Django; Airflow
What do we offer?
- Plenty of training and development opportunities within the group. A significant share of our employees have held several roles in their years in the business, with RGN giving you the tools you need to challenge and develop yourself.
- A monthly salary up to €5.406, depending on your experience
- 8,5% holiday allowance
- a generous monthly benefit budget (12,347% incl. your holiday allowance) on top of your salary and holiday pay that you can choose to spend on extra time off, perks such as a bike, tablet, gym subscription or simply get paid out.
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy additional 25 days off
- a generous sabbatical programme
- a good mobility scheme or a company car, laptop and everything you need to perform your job well
- an attractive bonus scheme and the option to earn an outperformance bonus twice per year
Does this sound like the right next step for you? Fantastic! Apply directly by clicking apply or contact our talent acquisition specialist Franziska for more information (email@example.com | 0683088632)