Statutory reporting and general
- Oversight and preparation of compliant stat & tax closing; preparation and filing of statutory financial statements
- Oversight and preparation of the reconciliation between local statutory accounting rules and group accounting policies (S2G) and/or vice versa (G2S) as required
- Key contact for local statutory auditor ensuring filing deadlines met locally, support in audit fee negotiation and ensuring group reporting requirements met.
- Responsible for other statutory reporting requirements (e.g. to local statistical office; reporting to local national bank)
- Support specific deal related matters in ITO/OTR stage (invoicing, importation, customs duty, VAT, WHT, CIT, payroll) in the specified countries on an as needed basis
- Prepare income tax provisions and calculations, tax returns, tax payments, return to accrual calculations, deferred tax calculations and account reconciliations
- Prepare annual return to accrual (RTA) analysis. Examine and evaluate deferred tax and current tax payable balances after journal entries are posted to ensure balances are supported
- Feed country specific information to the tax reporting tools; identify temporary and permanent differences and keep the tax reporting tool up-to-date
- Preparation of tax calculation (Complete S2T walk and supporting documentation);
- Main point of contact for local tax authority, support Income tax audits, and any other WHT related issues
- Calculate monthly/quarterly/annual tax payments due (incl. review tax payment calculation and remittance payment to tax authority)
- Perform data collection, analysis and validation of transaction data, including adjustments as necessary;
- Consolidate VAT/GST returns in respect of VAT/GST groups and Company Code registrations as appropriate and where required; - Submit VAT/GST returns to the local tax authority and arrange for payment/reclaim request;
- Manage retention of VAT/GST documentation.
- Main point of contact with local tax authority; supporting local tax audits
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in accounting, economics or tax
- Certified Accountant / ACCA or similar professional certificate
- Multi years of experience specifically in the accounting and tax (CIT, VAT) area at a multinational/manufacturing/consulting company
- Multi-GAAP accounting (e.g. IFRS and local GAAP) experience
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness
- Fluent English language knowledge is a must - Highly organised with demonstrated ability to meet commitments within strict deadlines
- Has a deep understanding of how operational processes link to the financial statements.
- Understands the interdependencies of key financial metrics / ratios.
- Able to re-prioritize / re-organize to work through roadblocks.
- Is comfortable to execute through uncertainty
- Embrace change in response to new information and in different or unexpected circumstances
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Literacy: MS Office, particularly Excel, and an ERP system
- Flexible approach with a strong team spirit - Effective interpersonal & communication skills and highly professional style when dealing with auditors
- Compliance & controllership mindset
- Certified Tax advisor / Steuerberater
What we offer:We put great emphasis on providing our employees with recognition, flexibility, competitive and fair compensation, as well as numerous other benefits.