Senior Manager Communications, M&D and Leiden site
Leiden, The Netherlands
The Senior Manager of Communications will serve as the communications lead in Leiden to support all Medical & Development (M&D) functions in the European and International regions. This position is responsible collaborating across M&D and the Netherlands Coordination Team (NLCT) to implement global initiatives, in addition to Corporate Communications colleagues to align activities within those regions. This position supports M&D objectives and identifies opportunities through timely, effective and measurable communications strategies that increase employee engagement and productivity, while raising the profile of Astellas among key internal and external stakeholders. The Role
- Align M&D communication strategies and translate Corporate Communications strategies and initiatives into appropriate tactics for the M&D functions.
- Develop policies and guidelines for key areas of communications activity in Leiden and proceed to monitor, manage and process requests and questions
Culture, change and employee engagement
- As a member of the NLCT, inform senior management on global projects, participate in discussions about strategic plans for Leiden and provide support on the implementation of communications and functional change management activities.
- Define and implement programs that establish and advance our organizational culture.
- Support strategic communications programs to align colleagues on key priorities for region-based M&D groups including, but not limited to, M&D Councils and the Medical Affairs organization.
- Help instill and advance a sense of community amongst M&D colleagues.
- Develop and execute communications plans.
- Determine and implement methods across all available channels and teams to achieve communications objectives.
- Manage vendors who provide communications support.
- Manage and execute writing and translation assignments, such as articles, town hall presentations, announcements, scripts and Q&As for senior leaders.
- Develop and maintain metrics to ensure effectiveness of all communications and appropriate ROI.
- Manage issues preparedness planning with local and regional management, support local execution.
Cross-functional and cross-geographic engagement
- Work with Corporate Communications functions at global and regional levels to continuously analyze and improve existing, or develop new, channels for communications.
- Be an active member of the Corporate Communications Network. Maintain frequent contact with Corporate Communications and act as liaison for the Press Office function at Leiden.
As Senior Manager of Communications, you will have the skills to build strong relationships with client organizations and their stakeholders, in order to understand their business functions and to formulate appropriate strategies to achieve both functional and corporate objectives. Your personal qualifications as Senior Manager of Communications
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in communications, public relations or life sciences field
- A minimum of 5 years’ corporate, employee communications or events management experience
- Experience working in a communications role for an international organization across multiple countries, in the pharmaceutical industry or broader healthcare sector
- Fluency in English, with proficiency in written and spoken Dutch
- Excellent communication abilities including presentation, verbal and written skills
- Experience managing and using a wide array of internal communications tools
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable success of working independently within an international, matrix organization
- Understanding of pharmaceutical technical and scientific issues and evidence of ability to translate complex information for non-scientific audiences
- Proven ability to manage budget and external agencies
- Change management experience
- Experience with a hospital, or public relations agency is preferred.
A challenging and diversified job in an international setting
At Astellas, we believe that nurturing a good relationship with our employees delivers good business results.
- Good career opportunities
- An inspiring and dynamic work climate
- Attractive remuneration, which includes:
• a 13th month
• excellent pension policy
• health insurance compensation
• collective health insurance
• company own saving scheme arrangement
• 25 Holidays + 13 so called ADV Days
• and more….
It is our stated aim in the VISION
for Astellas to be recognized as an Employer of Choice. This means ensuring, we are a highly effective organization that applies best-in-class people management, creates a positive working environment and has an inspirational company culture. This reflects the working culture of Astellas, outlines our expectations as an employer and captures the essence of our company ethos; CHANGING TOMORROW
Astellas is a Japanese multinational pharmaceutical company employing over 16,500 people worldwide with global sales exceeding 11 billion euro. The group’s EMEA headquarters are based in London, with affiliates throughout Europe engaged in supply chain, manufacturing and sales & marketing. With over 4,200 employees, EMEA is an important and growing Astellas region, having key strengths in the therapy areas of Urology, Transplantation, Anti Infectives, Pain Management and Oncology. The global annual R&D investment of 15% to 20% of sales is evidence of the group’s commitment to improving the health of people worldwide through the provision of innovative and reliable products. Astellas employs around 950 persons in the Netherlands, in Leiden and Meppel.
Please apply via the "Apply"
button. A VOG and/or background check can be part of the recruitment process.Agency calls not appreciated.