The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate – Financial Risk Department - Applications & Data Management Division – Project Management Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Business Analyst & Project Support Officer (*). This is a full time position at grade 5/6.
The term of the contract will be 4 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid-January 2021
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
(*) internal benchmark: (Senior) Officer, IT Applications
To drive business analysis and user support activities for the IT applications used for Risk Management (RM)’s core processes, in order to ensure the alignment of these applications with operational needs
Reporting to the Head of the Project Management Unit (PRMU), you will work in close cooperation with all RM colleagues, as well as with IT and other Directorates.
- Conduct and coordinate business analysis and support to users and/or groups of users
- Define business requirements, get consensus and follow the decision-making processes through their approval
- Make recommendations to simplify and improve existing processes and procedures, and oversee the implementation of related changes
- Ensure that initiatives and projects in RM are implemented in the most effective and efficient way
- In order to ensure the optimum efficiency and reliability of new or enhanced IT applications supporting the EIB’s activities, take full responsibility for:
- business-side analysis, initiation of appropriate remedy actions or temporary work-arounds, follow-up of resolution, in cooperation with IT and end-users in case of errors, or other incidents in the Bank’s applications used in Risk Management
- identification and analysis of business requirements, initiation of implementation projects involving all parties concerned
- prioritisation of user requirements, which implies close co-ordination with users and IT and the organisation of users meetings
- organisation of user acceptance tests
- Provide specialised functional expertise and recommendations on:
- issues related to IT applications in Risk Management
- improvements of corresponding business processes and procedures
- further developments of the risk IT applications in order to align the Bank with best industry practices
- Maintain relationships with users and interact with the relevant teams in the Bank’s IT Directorate to ensure that appropriate internal service provision and controls are maintained
- Develop complex SAP Business Objects reporting used for decision making in RM
- Implement and manage specific policy initiatives in own domain
- Represent RM in Bank-wide initiatives or projects and inter-Directorate working groups, in close cooperation with other RM Departments, as appropriate
- University degree, preferably in a relevant domain such as IT, Mathematics or Finance
- Significant relevant professional experience in an operational business domain or in an IT function, including at least 5 years comparable to the post, and with first-hand experience of Business Intelligence, in particular in the coordination, design, development and maintenance of Data Warehousing solutions
- Deep knowledge of Business Objects, or a similar reporting tool.
- Very good knowledge of SQL and/or experience in the maintenance of databases
- Experience of IT systems analysis. Good knowledge and experience of project management principles, methods and practices
- Solid understanding of finance and risk management principles and data (for example for Credit, Treasury, ALM and/or Liquidity risk)
- Experience with Best Banking Practices would be an advantage, particularly in the implementation of BCBS239 principles
- Ability to draft clear and concise reports in English and to produce accurate and reliable documents
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good command of the other. Knowledge of other European Union languages would be an advantage
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
(**) We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorised disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Interested? Apply now via the "apply" button!
Deadline for applications: 2nd January 2021