Senior Backend Developer (PHP)
Rotterdam, fulltime position (32 - 40), starting ASAP
As a Senior Backend Developer in the VONQ Product Team, you will be leading critical product development efforts and get your hands dirty in the implementation of various applications/services. You'll be working closely with our CTO and our product management team.
You will be contributing to our flagship product called Job Marketing Platform (JMP). It’s a (big) data-driven application with a recommendation engine to serve multiple personas. JMP incorporates the team’s learnings and best practices including CQRS and event sourcing. Although it’s a young product we’re practicing LEAN methodology to gradually evolve it in a modular way and having a very ambitious roadmap in mind.
What you actually will do
- Work in an agile (scrum) environment and deliver high quality applications/services
- Pro-actively lead development efforts for new product initiatives and feature development
- Mentor and support team members
- Support the devops team in utilizing practices such as CI, CD, and automated release management
- Write robust and efficient code primarily using PHP, Symfony and MySQL, and learn other languages/frameworks if needed
Which boxes do you tick?
(Psst...You do not need to tick all the boxes below in order to apply...)
This describes the ideal candidate, but above all we value people that have an appetite to excel, and the potential to succeed.
What we need
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Creating high quality multi-tiered applications primarily preferably with PHP and MySQL
- Experience with Symfony2 and Domain Driven Design
- Experience in contributing to the systems and software architecture of a company
- Experience leading team development efforts to implement new product initiatives and features
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum / Kanban)
- Experience with practices such as TDD, CI and CD
- Experience with automated testing using tools such as PHPUnit, PHPSpec and Behat
- Excellent communication skills in English
- An Agile mindset: being able and willing to cross roles and specialities to make the team succeed
- Experience with devops and infrastructure practices and technology like deployment automation, provisioning etc. in a safe, reliable way
- Understanding of design patterns such as event sourcing and CQRS, and you know when to apply them
- Experience with REST API design
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Worked as part of a distributed (or international) team
- Enthusiasm to bring new ideas and share your knowledge with the team
Things we cherish
- Business-centric thinking, and a goal driven personality
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Technical curiosity, critically open to new tools and technologies
- Passion for creating an elegant systems architecture
- Lame jokes (what can I say...) & beer on Fridays and often BBQs at our terrace ;-)
What’s in it for you
First of all, you’ll be working with experienced colleagues with a strong vision on web development and software architecture, giving you a full intellectual challenge every day. Secondly you will be part of a vibrant and ambitious team of 12 different nationalities in a very casual environment. Thirdly, you'll have the opportunity to participate in meetups/conferences.
We often have a BBQ (and beers) on our terrace at the office and multicultural potluck lunches. Oh.. and you will have fun!
- Laptop of your preferences and two extra screens on your desk
- Flexible working hours
- Time and budget for training
- 5 weeks paid holiday per year
- Good salary and additional incentives
- Fixed term contract with an option for perm
- Support with relocating
So, does this sounds appealing to you?
Please apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
If you have any questions, please send an email to Sarah (Recruiter) -> email@example.com.
Agencies hold your horses: unsolicited CV’s are dropped by our SPAM filters.
Keywords: vacancy, job, Rotterdam, PHP, Backend, Software Developer, Web Developer, Product Engineer, Symfony, CQRS