"An unique position for an ambitious Salesmanager"
The company is a growing business to business technical wholesale distributor within the powersport and leisure industry. The company is European market leader in this niche market. They have over 70,000 unique products in stock from more than 300 different suppliers. More than 3,000 dealers in Europe are being served by our own sales employees and agents. The company is characterised by a 24 hour delivery service throughout Europe, a low profile organisation, strong branding of the own organisation, plenty of entrepreneurship and ambitious growth strategy. The company will move within a few months to Groningen. They have around 50 employees. The company is partly owned by private equity.
In this role, you will be responsible for the sales department, whilst switching, sparring and closely working together with the CEO and CFO. Together with the CEO and CFO you are to develop the commercial strategy for the medium term and it is your responsibility that the sales targets are achieved. You will see to the management of the sales department, safeguard accountability within sales and create a proactive attitude for new initiatives. You will regularly consult with agents and adjust where necessary. You will initiate result-enhancing actions and monitor their realisation. You ensure geographical expansion, broadening of the dealer network and an increase of the market share. Partly this will imply autonomous growth, but also growth as a result of acquisitions. You will be guiding on the basis of products and analyse market developments.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Developing the commercial strategy in cooperation with the CEO and CFO, including translation into concrete sales plans.
- Planning of resources in order to realise the plans.
- Initiating performance-based actions and adjust where necessary, if the intended results are not being achieved.
- Supervising the sales department, locally and abroad, and the international agents network.
- Maintaining good relations with customers.
- Seeing to professionalization of the sales department as a whole (people, processes and systems) and increases the commercial awareness.
- Identifying developments and trends in the (potential) market and discuss them with the management and own sales department.
- At least 5 years of management experience in an international B2B/wholesale sales position.
- Experience with sales and an affinity with the leisure industry (e.g. action sports, automotive) and have an inspiring way of expressing this passion.
- Industry expertise is desirable, experience with B2B is a requirement.
- Understanding and up-to-date knowledge of e-commerce, and competent in business use of social media (Google, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Proven management skills in an international context (including remote team management).
- Focus on proper balance between result and long-term relationship.
- Being used to work in a competitive market with fixed pricing and discount structures.
- World citizen and willing to travel (25% - 50%).
- Fluent in English (spoken and written). French/German/Spanish/Italian would be an advantage.
- Proactive, hands-on and actively participating.
- Energetic, quick and excellent commercial awareness.
Do you have the passion, talent and the personality, and do you also want to contribute to the success of this company? Or if you would like more information or know someone who may fit the profile and may be interested, please contact Harold Ezinga on +31 (0) 6 43629442, Consultant Talent in Bedrijf. If you would like to express your interest, please use the application page.
Acquisition after a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Sales, Sales Manager, Sales Management, Commercieel Manager, Commercial, B2B