As a Revenue Accountant you will manage a group of clients within the European regions and will be directly responsible for contract revenue analysis, transaction, and forecasting. You will read and analyze new client contracts and determine the most appropriate timing of revenues and perform variance analysis of projected vs actual revenue over time. You will also explain these variances to various levels within the company, including Financial Analysts and Executives, serving as the escalation point for client-facing billing, and cash collections for their clients. You may advise on payment profiles that cater to client needs and protect Cerner’s revenue recognition. Direct contact with clients will be required.
As a Revenue Accountant you will act as the go-to person for the team, serve as a revenue recognition expert to various internal departments, lead team communication with the Home Office throughout the quarter and during quarter close, and develop and implement personal goals under the guidance and coaching of the Revenue Manager. Finally, as a Revenue Accountant you will be responsible for management and reporting of revenue and billing events, collection of appropriate documentation, assisting with external audit of financial transactions to ensure compliance to GAAP and is also assisting with the statutory audit process as it relates to client revenues. You will play a key role in leading internal meetings with Client Relationship Executives with the aim of reviewing client financial metrics such as the review of billing and revenue backlog, client milestones, status of cash collections, and accounts receivable aging.
This position could also be based in London to Dutch speaking candidates who reside within commuting distance to the city.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Fluent in Dutch and English
• A minimum of 1-year finance or revenue recognition work experience
• Experience working in the Software or IT consulting sector
• Experience with analytical tools (ie. spreadsheets and databases)
• Fluency in one of the following languages is a plus: Spanish, French, German, Portuguese or Swedish.
• Ability to work overtime and irregular hours during quarter close.
What we offer:
Opportunity to work for a large international organisation. Full training will be provided including a corporate induction program conducted in our European headquarters in London.