- You have a BSc or MSc in (bio)informatics, computational biology or a related field.
- You have excellent programming skills, preferably in Python.
- You are a communicator and team player.
- You have good data management skills and are 'FAIR-data' aware.
- You have experience with working in a cloud environment.
- You have experience or are willing to learn about machine learning approaches.
- You have experience with sequence data analyses and are familiar with 3th generation sequencing technology.
What would give a plus to your profile:
What we offer:
- Some years of experience working as a bioinformatician.
- Being an experienced Linux environment user.
- Having experience with plant genomics and genetics.
At HZPC we attach great importance to personal initiative and personal development. You enter an informal work environment where you get the space to further develop yourself.
- A full-time employment.
- A group of enthusiastic and experienced colleagues from specialized departments.
- Good secondary employment conditions, including a 13th month, premium free pension, travel allowance and a collective variable gratification.
- A position in an international environment in a healthy and growing organization.
Founded in 1898 and rooted in the Netherlands, HZPC has become a global market leader in innovative breeding, seed potato trading and concept development. Our ambition is a sustainable growth. We offer innovative potato varieties that are optimized for local cultivation conditions. We share knowledge and provide solutions that dynamically anticipate the climatic, cultural and commercial challenges that the whole area of food has to deal with. With 400 employees in 19 countries and exporting to more than 90 countries, we contribute to the availability of responsible food for the well-being of millions of people worldwide.
All our R&D activities are largely carried out in Metslawier. In this advanced Knowledge centre more than 100 colleagues from all over the world work on a daily basis to develop new varieties, improve current breeds and expand our knowledge in all sorts of specialisms. In addition, various activities are carried out from our Research hub in Wageningen. You can find more information on our website:
For more information about the job you can contact: Remco Ursem (Program Leader Bioinformatics:
+ 31 6 30 58 46 81
For more information about the procedure, please contact Petra Kool (HR Business Partner:
+31 6 12 44 21 10
Are you enthusiastic? Please apply by sending us your application (CV and motivation)
before 6 December 2019
by submitting the
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.