We are currently looking for an experienced Remote Sensing Scientist to join our international team of young and inspiring engineers and industry professionals, tasked with driving innovation within the Space, Satellite and Earth Observation sector.
This role is routed in the mission of EUMETSAT and will provide the opportunity to work with leading IT, Space and Earth Observation organisations and domain experts to make a positive impact on society!
The Remote Sensing Scientist for Hyperspectral (Level-1) Processing provides scientific and technical expertise on hyperspectral infrared measurements and their applications, and supports the calibration and validation of EUMETSAT hyperspectral infrared instruments.
What you’ll be doing
· Support the development and operations of Level-1 data processing chains for the IASI, IASI-NG and IRS instruments on-board EUMETSAT satellites, including all aspects relating to product generation and quality monitoring (calibration, verification and validation);
· Develop and maintain prototype software in order to improve the operational implementations of Hyperspectral IR Level 1 processing across EUMETSAT missions;
· Initiate and lead relevant scientific studies, including the management of external contracts;
· Support the definition of requirements for the realisation of future satellite products and services;
· Support reprocessing and calibration activities for climate purposes;
· Actively interact and cooperate with the operational user community of EUMETSAT satellite products and services and with international partners.