In this function, you are responsible for the mechanical engineering of carbon dioxide recovery and biogas upgrading projects. You work closely with the other departments (Project Management, Technology, CAD, Production and Supply Chain) to ensure we develop a safe design of high quality within the project schedule and on budget.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the project plan in the engineering phase
- Close cooperation in the international project team, suppliers, contractors, assembly and the customer
- Work with suppliers to ensure the timely delivery of information to complete the engineering
- Approve supplier designs (e.g. refrigeration units, compressors, pressure vessels, heat exchangers)
- Create process and instrumentation diagrams, BOM, line and pressure equipment classification
- Perform design calculations (e.g. example line, safety valve, heat exchanger and separator sizing).
- Component specifications, selection and creation (e.g. valves, heat exchangers, pumps, vessels)
- Handover to downstream engineering departments and support them to complete the mechanical, electrical and software design.
- Perform risk assessments, create project manuals and documentation
- Perform other duties as required
If this lies in your interest, we encourage short international project visits to assist the project leader on site and most importantly for your personal development. From this position, with the knowledge you gain, you can develop yourself to project leader, technology engineer, (back office) sales or a (technical) management position.