Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit
The Production Engineer, also known as Assistant Operations Manager, serves as the main driver for successful day to day production of for a part of our manufacturing site in Middelburg. With your in-depth knowledge of production processes, you will connect with the team leads and act hands-on to ensure a daily manufacturing target.
You will also be responsible for coordinating projects to solve recurring problems by making root cause analyses. To effectively accomplish this, you will analyze production data, get information from team leads and other stakeholders. To make sure we reflect on these incidents you will be managing the long-term improvement roadmap to assure continuous improvement. Please note as a Production Engineer you will be a member of the production call out team and crisis management team. You will report into the Operations Manager.
- Initiate, plan and coordinate measures to maximize production.
- Monitor and analyse production system performance; identify capacity restrictions and bottlenecks.
- Provide production engineering support to other departments.
- Ensure adequate monitoring of production data and its storage in the company database, identify deficiencies to measurements and recommend improvements.
- Work closely together with all operational disciplines to ensure timely and optimal solutions.
- Contribute to asset value optimization.