Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Cell Biologist in Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in multiple disciplines including cellular pharmacology, chemistry, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Apply early drug discovery approaches in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Develop innovative cell-based approaches to screening and hit triage using high-content imaging, human primary cells, 3D cell culture and co-culture methods.
- Develop strategies to characterize hits and identify novel targets from phenotypic screens.
- Collaborate extensively with program teams and computational colleagues to analyze different types of assay data, and identify the most promising compounds in early Hit-to-Lead programs.
- Analyze data and present results at program team meetings.
- Attend and present data at in-house seminars and external scientific conferences.
- Publish research in high-quality journals, as appropriate.