What you will do
The Pre-sales Engineer is a member of the tender team for the division building management solutions and reports to the Senior Tender / Contract Manager. In this role you work closely with the sales- and operations team to develop the solid proposals and present the best possible solution to the customer. You will work within a dynamic environment where high quality and innovative solutions are the standard.
You will manage the pre-sales-engineers process from the customer’s requirements translating it to a commercial offer which contains the best solution for the Client. You will mostly be involved in calculating the larger and more complex projects, including for our global accounts.
The position is located in Gorinchem, however occasional travel to our customers is required.
How you will do it
As a Pre-Sales Engineer you have the ability to work out the best solution for the client technically and commercially. You will be in charge of your own process and are expected to collect all needed information within the deadlines. Responsibilities of your role include, but are not limited to:
* Using the estimation tools & procedures
* Management of data from previous calculations
* Pre-bid review meetings
* Evaluation of the risks which could impact prices
* You manage /validate prices of subcontractors to incorporate in your calculation
* Assistance in specification deviations or interpretation differences in relation to request from customer
* Cooperation with sales- and operations team to understand the customer’s requirements
* Site visits to understand customer’s requirements if needed
* Updating price databases for materials / hourly rates etc.
You believe that the best work is done in teams. You are technically well educated and have affinity with the commercial part of the job. Next to this, you are creative and can deal with unclear scopes or changes. You are intellectually curious – driving continuous learning. You also understand that internal and external collaboration drives improvement and best practice.