For our dynamic team in Hillegom, we are currently looking for an
Operations Manager – Rubbermaid Commercial Products
As an Operations Manager you will provide day-to-day leadership to the plant team and oversee daily operations from manufacturing, maintenance and quality to office and people management. Reporting to the Senior Director Operations in USA, you will have 4 direct reports and manage overall team of 25+ employees indirectly. You will drive high performance culture to achieve a seamless, safe and efficient operations flow in our small but automated manufacturing site in Hillegom.
• Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations in close cooperation with Manufacturing Operations Manager, Technical Team Leader, QHSE Manager and Office Manager
• Drive performance management, ensuring that all employees are adequately trained, equipped and motivated
• Comply with and ensure that existing safety policies, procedures and ISO 22716 guidelines are followed
• Oversee machinery performance and follow up on increase of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
• Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
• Initiate projects to improve plant efficiency and encourage continuous improvement
• Determine and implement quality control standards
• Initiate cost improvement projects for labor, direct and indirect materials and overhead
• Continuously search for improvements on products, service and/or processes in order to minimize waste, without sacrificing productivity, efficiency and quality
• Set annual and long-term strategies for the production facility
• Prepare and monitor annual budgets for manufacturing, maintenance and production related investments
• Report a set of KPI’s to the Senior Director Operations on a regular basis
• Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or business administration
• At least 8 years of proven work experience as a Plant Manager or Operations Manager, or Production Manager
• Fluent in Dutch and English (written and spoken)
• Good command of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resources allocation)
Skills and competencies:
• Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
• Influencing and leading skills
• Very good organizational skills
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Experience with lean manufacturing, Six Sigma would be a plus
What we offer:
Newell Brands has a strong footprint in the EMEA region with several thousand employees spread over many corporate offices and manufacturing facilities. A wide portfolio of our brands is strongly represented across the region including Parker, Waterman, Rotring, PaperMate, Sharpie, DYMO, Yankee Candle, NUK, Coleman, Bubba, Contigo, Mr.Coffee, CrockPot and Marmot.
Join us, help us become industry leaders and be part of:
• Global company with a lot of opportunities, both internationally and locally. We encourage development on a professional and personal level.
• Our friendly and competent team, who can support you to achieve the goals you are aiming for.
• Sustainability Strategy – environmentally sustainable and socially sensitive business practices.
• Give@Newell - charity activities dedicated for local communities.
Are you interested?
If so, please click on “Apply Now” on this site and upload your CV in English.
You can also send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org including Reference Code 1903041 in the subject line.
By submitting your CV you acknowledge having read Newell Brands’ Privacy Statement for Job Applicants available at http://privacy.newellbrands.com/job_nl.html If you wish to be considered also for other suitable positions with the company, please explicitly indicate so on your CV/motivation letter.