Operational Product Owner
OmschrijvingOperational Product Owner
(vacancy number 75930)
equensWorldline (eW) is one of the leading and most innovative payment service providers in Europe. As experts in financial processing and software licensing we provide services to fulfill all needs of the dynamic European payments market. We process billions of payments, POS and ATM transactions per year. Obviously, all those transactions must be processed seamlessly, securely and efficiently. And that’s what we do. Being a central pillar of the wider Worldline Group, it’s our ambition to support our clients in keeping up with the rapidly shifting market demands. A challenging job, as the payments market – and therefore also our organization – is subject to continuous change. And you can contribute to achieving this goal!
The work environment
The Way4 and the Satellite teams of the Department Acquiring BackOffice are responsible for defining, building, testing and delivering of software solutions for the NL Target Acquiring BackOffice. Way4 is an off the shelf product that we use as the core of our Acquiring BackOffice (ABO) solution. Way4 is support of various business functionality support by a series of inhouse delivered Satellite systems.
Together these enables the Acquiring BackOffice Services to be available according to the Product and Service Strategy. The Product Owner is responsible to coordinate and priorities all changes for the NL ABO.
What will be your job?
Currently there is a large project running which has the goal to consolidate various processing back offices into the equensWorldline target applications. In addition we have smaller changes for existing clients, compliance changes and maintenance changes.
As the Product owner, you will from a Business point of view work with Product management, Project management and other stakeholders to ensure that we as a service provider are working on the right business analysis topics at the right time.
You will liaise with the change requestor and translate the changes into a prioritized backlog which the analysts with the department will produce their deliverables against.
You will work in close alignment with the Change Stakeholders, Feature Scrum Master, Solution Architects and Information Analysts / Engineers from multiple teams to drive the analysis through the process from initiation to handover to delivery. This requires a lot of teamwork and interaction with staff in other teams. You will have a lot of contact with (internal and external) clients and colleagues about the required changes: there will be intensive collaboration with colleagues in Belgium and Germany.
As the ideal candidate you must be able to:
- Take the coordination role in the prioritization of changes for the ABO department, collaborating with all stakeholders (product management, business analysts, architects and colleagues ) bringing a clear overview of the order the change request backlog should be addressed
- Make collaboration from conflict
- Support the Analysts (Solution Engineers / Information Engineers / Information Analysts) in resolving impediments
- Handle working in a high pressed and at times stressful situations
- There will be an intensive collaboration with colleagues in Belgium, France and Germany, and possibly with employees and/or customers from Italy
As our new colleague has to have a strong affinity with complex IT environments and has to be able to work result driven and service minded. You need to pay attention to details without losing overview, you are punctual, quality oriented and able to work in a team (in and outside of the department / center) as well as autonomous. You need to have good communication and listening skills and the ability to convince people. Your work attitude is proactive and focused on cooperation. You are used to take ownership for the end result and clearly show this in your work and attitude. A good sense of humor is always appreciated, as work also needs to be fun.
Concretely this means the following activities:
- Prioritise and support business analysis activities
- Maintain the ABO Feature mgt backlog
- Define the Lifecycle of the features on the Feature Mgt Backlog
- Ensure the suppliers (Architecture, Product mgt, other eWL departments, etc) deliver their input in a timely manner to enable ontime delivery to the delivery phase, ie align planning
- Ensure the DoR is realised for the development teams to start the delivery phase
- Plan the analysis work and in some cases coordinate the work of other information analysts / engineers
- Enable focus for the analysts by supporting the sprint planning process
ProfielWhat do you have to offer?
- At least Higher Vocational level with a relevant background or relevant working experience (2 years or more)
- Experience on Product Ownership
- You are willing to travel abroad regularly if needed
- You have knowledge of cards acquiring processing
- Experience with the Dutch / German / French language is a bonus
What do we offer in return?
Depending on education and experience, your gross annual salary (including thirteenth month and holiday allowance) will be between € 52.900.- and € 72.700,- based on a 36 hour work week. Next to that we offer excellent secondary benefits such as an annual performance allowance, a nearly premium free pension and an interesting, challenging and international work environment.
Furthermore, there is room for professional and personal development and a good work-life balance. This is a full-time job of 36 hours a week. Working hours are determined after
consultation with the manager. You will be based in Utrecht.
Further information and application
For further information please contact Emma Dalgarno, Team manager, T. +31 883855036 or + 31 6 31639745 or Carolien Polman, Recruiter T. +31 883855801. Visit equensworldline.com for more information about our company.
To apply directly, use the application form.
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure. Please kindly note that you need to have an EU Working Permit (Orientation Year Visa not included) in order to proceed for this position.
Acquisition is not appreciated!