Coming up with solutions for challenging issues and getting organizations and yourself to a higher level. And that together with over 5000 professionals with different areas of expertise. Work that matters, makes people happy. That is what we believe in.
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, PhD) who work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
This vacancy is an interim position at ASML that could lead to a contract with ASML. ASML is high tech company with Dutch roots. They are an innovation leader in the semiconductor industry. Their headquarters are located in Veldhoven.
Context of the position
The cluster Machine Conditioning (MC) is part of development and engineering within ASML. The task of this cluster is to develop, deliver, integrate, qualify and maintain functional modules & parts of ASML’s lithography tools related to temperature control and gas conditioning, covering all fluids and vacuum. Technology areas are: gas-, vacuum- and water-flow control, architecture and design, temperature control.
This is a pipeline vacancy, meaning multiple hiring managers have access to screen CV's in this vacancy. Your application will be processed in this requisition up until the offer process. When a decision has been made your profile will be connected to the chosen group.
Please add your most recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application. In the motivation letter we want to read about your leadership skills and design experience. If you don't live in the Netherlands yet, we also want to see a motivation on the decision you've made to move.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
For our client ASML we are looking for a Mechanical Lead Design Engineer.
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise? To be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering discipline? If so, then a job of Lead Designer at ASML in the machine conditioning department could be the perfect next step in your career.
You will be responsible for the design of the fluid (gases, liquids/cooling and vacuum) infrastructure for the ASML lithography machines. This work consists of a translation of the architecture into a design that meets the requirements; a creation of the 3D design, volume control, engineering changes, and communication to (and where necessary negotiation between) the interfaces. The other part of the work is to make sure the design can be manufactured, will be serviceable and meets the availability requirements.
· Collect, challenge, interpret and enrich the specifications for a part of the infrastructure functionality with architects and analysts to a solid base for the generation of a new design
· Create design concepts for Source infrastructure (gas systems, water systems, vacuum systems), document why choices are made (early EDS chapter/ EDR) and present / align it within in the organization
· In early design phase negotiate and visualize available volumes in the machine with mechanical and electrical infrastructure departments and with machine module owners
· Create bottom-up design related project planning (ASML designers / Farm-out) and align this with both Main deliverable owner and project leader
· Create regular status updates (reporting) towards program (MDO/PL/PCM) on design progress / Issues and proposed solutions
· Steer ASML designers to making high quality designs while maintaining appropriate project timeline
· Manage farm-out design teams (3-10FTE) on Quality / Technically / Timing and take ownership of the (external) created designs (delegated building block ownership)
· Make sure the design is documented clearly with proper CAD models, drawings and detailed design information in NX/TCE including EDS completion
· Guarantee design quality by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools
· Perform the required calculations to predict the functionality. (Key words: Flow, pressure drop, Gas purity, availability, strength, etc.)
· Specify and select appropriate parts and assemblies from suppliers
· Interface with (internal) customers and suppliers
· Refine, detail and complete high level functional diagrams (FBD) into detail ducting diagrams (DDD) and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
· Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering (or related)
· Solid design experience in complex technical environment
· Experience with 3D CAD systems, preferably NX/TCE
· > 5 years of lead engineer experience
· Experience with working in large groups
· Experience with steering internal and external design teams on Quality / technically and timing
· Preferably work experience in the Netherlands
· You are fluent in English
We offer you the first/next step in your career and together with Yacht you will build your career. We will always be in contact with you to make the best decisions for your career and make sure you will always have a challenging assignment.
With regards to the terms and conditions of the contract, we offer you a competitive salary. Besides this, we offer side benefits, such as a discount on collective health insurance, a good pension scheme, bonus and opportunities to grow and develop.
As a Yacht professional, you will become part of a group of professionals with a similar background and ambitions. This way you will have the chance to enhance your professional network and constantly learn.