Are responsibility and ownership your key strengths? Can you translate (high-level) performance requirements into a robust design and do you take the lead in getting technical issues solved? Do you see the big picture without missing the important details and are you capable to provide technical direction through different development phases; while focusing on performance, financial as well as industrialization aspects? Then we want to get in touch with you.
ASML’s Development and Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In this sector, the department of Machine Conditioning DUV Scanner (MC DUV Scanner), specifies, designs and does the functional integration of the various (sub-)modules and architectures related to the Flow and Thermal domains. The department consists of discipline- and function-oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular knowledge/skills, architecture or modules in ASML machines.
In the position of Lead Engineer, you are responsible for the conceptualization, detailed design and technical product documentation (drawings and other required documents for manufacturing) of Flow and Thermal (sub-)modules. You are the technical lead for an important part of the Flow and Thermal design of ASML’s lithography tools!
The work consists of a translation of overall system design into a Flow and Thermal design that meets the agreed requirements. Design qualification and proving that the design is working as intended is another important responsibility. You are pro-actively gathering data from suppliers, factory and field to continuously improve your design for future platforms and upgrades. You are creating a roadmap for the (sub)-modules you own. You are working in a multidisciplinary team to deliver the committed work items on the team backlog in a quarterly cadence. The Lead Engineer maintains regular alignment with the Sub-Function architect and the product owner. The team size varies from 6 to 10 people, a part of which may be at a co-developer.
- Contribute to feasibility studies in early development phase of (sub-)modules.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification for (sub-)modules.
- Steer technical discussions towards the best design solution that meets all requirements. Steer concept design choice, organize and prepare design reviews.
- Drive solution implementation to meet quality and timing.
- Define and execute the final tests to verify the specifications in cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
- Create hardware roadmap based on the (sub-)function roadmap.
- Gather data from the suppliers, the factory and the field as input for the hardware roadmap and share the lessons learned with the technical competencies (Feed Back Loop).
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or related.
- At least 2 years of experience in designing modules or sub-modules into a Flow and Thermal design (3D modeling and detailed drawings).
- 2 to 5 years of experience in a lead engineer role.
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts.
- Technical communication with suppliers.
- CAD 3D modeling and drawings using Siemens NX software, and implementation of Engineering Change(s) using Siemens Team Center.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to perform in highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving.
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals.
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude.
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and verbal).