A role that counts: Bring outstanding knowledge and experience of Process Validation & Sterilization, innovation, team work to the development and engineering of life-saving cancer solutions
Elekta is the leading innovator of equipment and software designed to improve, prolong and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders. In the Netherlands we constantly work to innovate and improve equipment and software for brachytherapy, a means of delivering High Dose Rate radiotherapy with optimized accuracy and minimal invasiveness. What could be more rewarding than playing a significant role in developing, manufacturing and bringing to market the ultra-modern technology that makes it all possible?
Veenendaal, the Netherlands, 40 hours a week
This is a role in which you join a team of nine Manufacturing Engineers and one Manager responsible for the flawless manufacturing of Elekta products. This tight and collaborative team contains all the knowledge and experience necessary to help you develop your skills and career as you focus on Production Manufacturing and Design Transfer towards our Manufacturing function and/or Supply Chain.
You are involved with R&D from the beginning, ensuring that products are 100% safe for the patient and designed for production and MDR compliant and all applicable for medical devices. You then apply L6S (Lean Six Sigma) methodologies in order to define and validate all work instructions and tools to our manufacturing function in Veenendaal as well as other (outsourced) sites. In doing so you:
- Maintain the ERP system (Movex) and item creation;
- Carry out supplier visits and work with suppliers to assure quality and improvements;
- Execute License Key Generation and distribution;
- Handle and resolve non-conformities.
In particular you focus on sterilization validation, which is an increasingly important aspect of our operations.
A commitment to quality in an open environment
Given the above, this is a role for candidates with valuable process validation experience and knowledge along with a real commitment to the quality and innovation that characterizes Elekta. In order to ensure the necessary level of quality and innovation we maintain an approach in which new ideas are welcomed. You should therefore be proactively able to recognize opportunities and act on them via a pragmatic, collaborative and supportive solution-focused approach. And you should embody the ‘people skills’ that will enable you to take your place within the trusting, challenging and international environment that inspires real loyalty to Elekta among our employees.
Can you bring real precision and knowledge?
As a company that operates in the medical devices sector our products and processes are subject to the most rigorous scrutiny and validation procedures. As such, there is a strong preference for candidates with an L6S Green Belt in Design & Process Excellence. You should also bring the following attributes:
An attractive offer from a great organization
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering and at least 4 years of work experience in Manufacturing Engineering in a regulated industry, preferably medical devices;
- A proven track record of defining and executing GR&Rs, process characterizations, DOEs, IQs, OQs and PQs;
- Ideally you have knowledge of sterilization validation (EO, irradiation and steam);
- Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably SolidWorks and Creo/ProE;
- Ideally you are familiar with the Medical Device Directive and Medical Device Regulation:
- Able to communicate and interact effectively via powerful writing, speaking and listening skills and a good knowledge of English and, ideally, German and/or French.
Elekta is a flexible and forward-thinking international organization that is fully focused on the wellbeing of our employees. You will enjoy a flexible and informal working environment as well as Learning and Development opportunities that will enable you to progress in your career. Further benefits include:
- A permanent contract and a competitive salary that matches your experience
- Profit-sharing arrangement: max 16% on a yearly basis (9% average in recent years);
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days per year;
- Travel allowance for home-work travel;
- Tax-advantageous fitness package;
- Good company restaurant and regular opportunities to socialize within the company;
- Flexible working hours;
- Learning & Development opportunities;
Elekta offers every possibility for you to progress in your career.
We look forward to hearing from you
For more information about the position or the application procedure, you can contact Karin in ‘t Hout, phone number
+31 (0)318 557 178
. To apply, please use the '
Elekta is proud to be the leading innovator of equipment and software used to improve, prolong and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders. Our advanced, effective solutions are created in collaboration with customers, and more than 6,000 hospitals worldwide rely on Elekta technology. Our treatment solutions and oncology informatics portfolios are designed to enhance the delivery of radiation therapy, radiosurgery and brachytherapy, and to drive cost efficiency in clinical workflows. Elekta employs 3,600 people around the world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Elekta is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.