Manager SSC Accounting
This is NewCold
NewCold is service provider in cold chain logistics with a focus on the development and operation of large, highly automated cold stores. NewCold strives to be crucial in the cold chain of leading food companies, by offering advanced logistic services worldwide. We use latest technology that empowers our people, to handle food responsibly and guarantee food safety in a sustainable way. We challenge the industry, believe in long-term partnerships, and deliver solid investment opportunities that enable next generation logistic solutions.
NewCold is one of the fastest growing companies in cold chain logistics. We are expanding our teams to support this growth. More information on NewCold can be found on www.newcold.com
and our social media.
About the vacancy
The SSC, located at the Head Quarters in Breda (Train Station) in the Netherlands, takes care of the transactional accounting and record to report activities for all businesses of NewCold except for those having their own accounting department. These businesses are located around the globe and concern both warehousing and transport. The team of the SSC is supervised by the Manager SSC Accounting and currently the team exists of seven accounting employees but is expected to grow in the future. The SSC Accounting needs to grow and further professionalize to keep up with the growing demand of services as a result of the growth and professionalization of the NewCold Group. We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic professional to take on the role of Manager of the SSC Accounting.
What will you do?
The Manager SSC Accounting is responsible for the day-to-day management of the SSC Accounting Team and the further development and professionalization of the SSC staff and the services delivered by the SSC towards the internal customers of the SSC. In the near future SSC staff will partially be located in Chicago to service the growing US operations, but management of this team will be under the supervision of the Manager SSC Accounting. Among other things but not limited to the following list, the task and responsibilities of the position are:
- Organizing and developing the SSC Accounting in such a way that it can provide the internal.
- customers with services meeting quality requirements and realize scalability of services to keep up with the growth of the company.
- Setting up accounting services for new businesses, which are mostly developed outside the Netherlands, in compliance with local requirements for accounting, reporting and taxes.
- Managing the team of SSC Accounting by creating logical working processes, performing yearend reviews, setting development plans and KPIs for the team and lead and coach the team members to ensure delivery against these performance targets.
- Critical for the performance of the SSC Accounting is fast and accurate monthly closing of the books in such a way that monthly financial reporting becomes a swift and 'easy' process.
- Manage reporting for the Holding in the Netherlands on a monthly basis and monitor monthly closing process for the SSC team members on a structural basis with proper monitoring tools.
- Facilitate a smooth process of invoice and purchase orders approval to enable timely payments to suppliers.