Eastman Chemical Company Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com
Logistics Performance Team Lead
Main target for the Logistics Performance Team Lead is to manage the logistics specialist team and to ensure that the team reaches a high level of efficiency. The goal is to reach extensive collaboration with Logistics Operations and Procurement Managers to identify early performance problems with suppliers. As part of the role, the performance management process of all carriers and LSPs has to be monitored. The Logistics Performance Team Lead acts as a direct focal point for Customer Service and business team leads and ensures the team is well equipped to handle escalations and crisis situations.
- Leads Logistics Performance team; ensures cut over behaviors are practiced and understood. Drives the logistics strategy on functional level.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement to increase team efficiency; actively engages with Customer Service & Supply Chain peers – both regional and interregional.
- Utilizes tools like Tableau and SAP to diagnose trends in performance.
- Attends regional meetings; serves as escalation point for logistics performance specialists but also focal point to respective team leads from customer service and other functions.
- Routinely meets with suppliers to review performance.
- Evaluates service with an understanding on the impacts of costs to businesses and offers options to improve performance; ensure cost vs. performance criteria are understood by the team.
- Actively drives service strategies and improvements with suppliers.
- Supports Eastman’s Supplier Excellence Program (ESEP).
- Stands in of Logistics operations Manager as required.
- Manages an allocated business as needed; participates in WWCAR.
- May lead Logistics/Supply Chain project teams.