A role that counts: Bring high-value L6S skills and experience to a company that innovates life-saving cancer solutions
Elekta is the leading innovator of equipment and software designed to improve, prolong and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders. In the Netherlands we constantly work to innovate and improve equipment and software for brachytherapy, a means of delivering High Dose Rate radiotherapy with optimized accuracy and minimal invasiveness. What could be more rewarding than playing a key role in optimizing and continuously improving the processes that make it all possible?
Lean Six Sigma Specialist
Veenendaal, the Netherlands, 40 hours a week
At Elekta we started on our Lean Six Sigma (L6S) journey about 10 years ago and you will be one of two specialists dedicated to maintaining an outstanding track record of continuous improvement. In doing so you constantly ask how we can do things differently and/or better. At the same time you embed within our employees – all of whom have received Lean Fundamentals training or higher – the ambition to improve processes and eliminate waste.
This requires you to perform a number of tasks as you lead, drive and facilitate the development and implementation of significant process improvements using L6S principles and methods:
- Analyze the way in which people and departments are working, using tools such as value stream mapping, Kaizen events, root cause analysis;
- Support major projects such as reallocation of departments in the factory, reversing flow;
- Report the status of project progress, achievements and risks;
- Train and coach staff on methods and practices.
Above and beyond this you define and develop the Lean Strategy and Annual Tactic Plan, supporting the set-up and execution of Global Lean Roadmap.
Contributing to our performance
Your scope is the factory and the Supply Chain Management organization. There is currently a focus on Supply Chain Management so experience in this area is highly desired.
At all times you question the established order and challenge management in order to create opportunities to improve customer services and add profit. This requires real drive, enthusiasm and decisiveness. It also demands the advanced political sensibilities and communication skills necessary to operate successfully in cross-cultural scenarios so that your vision and objectives are realized.
Do you have the L6S track record we are looking for?
In order to apply for this influential and high-profile position you must possess the following attributes:
An attractive offer from a great organization
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a field such as Business Administration, Engineering;
- Certified as Black Belt L6S with a strong track record of L6S project success;
- 10+ years of change management experience, for example at consultancies and/or companies in an advanced technical and industrial environment with high demands on quality, processes and compliance;
- Ideally you have experience of Medical Devices and manufacturing as well as Medical Device Directives;
- Fluent English, with any other key international language(s) an advantage.
Elekta is a flexible and forward-thinking international organization that is fully focused on the wellbeing of our employees. You will enjoy a flexible and informal working environment as well as Learning and Development opportunities that will enable you to progress in your career. Further benefits include:
We look forward to hearing from you
- A permanent contract and a competitive salary that matches your experience;
- Profit-sharing arrangement: max 16% on a yearly basis (9% average in recent years);
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days per year;
- Travel allowance for home-work travel;
- Tax-advantageous fitness package;
- Good company restaurant and regular opportunities to socialize within the company;
- Flexible working hours;
- Learning & Development opportunities;
- Elekta offers every possibility for you to progress in your career.
Please contact Marco van Gijzen, Director Manufacturing Brachy Solutions, for more information about this position, phone number
+31 6 27883916
. For more information about the application procedure, you can contact Karin in ‘t Hout, phone number
+31 (0)318 557 178
. To apply, please use the '
Elekta is proud to be the leading innovator of equipment and software used to improve, prolong and save the lives of people with cancer and brain disorders. Our advanced, effective solutions are created in collaboration with customers, and more than 6,000 hospitals worldwide rely on Elekta technology. Our treatment solutions and oncology informatics portfolios are designed to enhance the delivery of radiation therapy, radiosurgery and brachytherapy, and to drive cost efficiency in clinical workflows. Elekta employs 3,600 people around the world. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Elekta is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.