Perfetti Van Melle is a privately held company that manufactures and distributes candy and chewing gum in over 150 countries worldwide. Today, Perfetti Van Melle is ranked as the third largest sugar confectionery/chewing gum company in the world, second in Europe, with strong brands like Mentos, Chupa Chups, Fruittella, Frisk, and Smint. The ability to develop products, varieties and flavors that meet the different demands and opportunities of markets is one of the Group’s keys to success. Have a quick look in organization here.
Our Supply Chain professionals drive our organization’s planning, sourcing, packaging, manufacturing and logistics. With an eye on sustainability they shape the future supply chain by using the newest technology and by being constantly acquainted with the changing consumer needs. Improving end-to-end costs competitiveness is our daily business! For our team based in Breda we are looking for a:
Lead Buyer Benelux (36 hours per week)
Are you at you best working with market trends and would you like to work in a team that has a significant impact on the company? Join our team and join us in finding creative and sustainable solutions by working in multi-disciplinary teams with master data and extensive SCM networks. Every day we are working on new challenges in close cooperation with our colleagues from Finance, R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing and R&D. This means that working as a Lead Buyer within this team is a great opportunity to expand your SCM experience in an international environment. And last but not least we work with the biggest and best tasting brands!
Does this sounds good to you? These will be your responsibilities:
- Develop and implement together with Group and regional procurement multi-year strategic plans for category spend management and supplier base development. This provides Perfetti van Melle Benelux a competitive advantage by ensuring that suppliers are aware of the business objectives.
- Drive for better gross profit through the optimization of the assortment in the categories by develop cross functional strategies with the suppliers and engage halfkey stake holders.
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, planning and other relevant internal departments and by building and maintaining good relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided by supplier assessments on a 6 month or yearly base and attends audits will be part of your job, as well as supporting tenders & contracting-projects.
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities and analysis the main markets on (Packaging and raw materials).
- Implements all global and regional negotiations in existing local processes and leads negotiation on local categories. He makes sure all agreements are put on paper and are signed.
In this role you also leverage the capabilities of two direct reports by creating a forward thinking innovative environment. And you will report to the Supply Chain Director Benelux.
- Bachelor or Master degree in SCM, Engineering, Business Administration of Supply Chain & Logistics;
- 8-10 Years of experience in Procurement Management in FMCG;
- Extensive knowledge of NAVI 1&2;
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills;
- Strong leadership capabilities;
- Experience with working in teams and Strong strategic stakeholder relationship management skills;
- Ability to identify key issues and business opportunities and translate them into actions;
- Fluency in English language, both written and verbal.
You can apply via the