The Key Client Manager will be expected to strategically partner with customers, in order to improve solutions and/or commercial packages currently provided by Maersk, whilst simultaneously identifying further business opportunities that in turn will help bring the customers’ strategies to fruition. The purpose of the role is to deliver planned levels of Actual GP from assigned Advance segment KC as well as to develop and close new business opportunities thereby continuously increasing Maersk’s share of wallet.
Location of the role: Client’s office in Woerden
1. Key Account Management Performance Responsibilities
• Accountable for all performance related aspects
• Accountable for ensuring that agreed annualised budgets are translated into monthly and quarterly targets, with associated action plans, performance dashboards, to ensure performance tracking and thus facilitating remedial actions where necessary.
2. Key Account Relationship Management and ‘way of working’
• Accountable for the overall ownership of customer relationships for all customers assigned to the Key Account Portfolio, leading to greater mutual collaboration, enhanced trading results, enhanced customer advocacy and continuously improving customer satisfaction.
• Accountable for identifying all relevant tender opportunities with customers in the assigned Key Client Portfolio, with associated submissions being delivered comprehensively and competitively, through collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders.
3. Key Account Internal & External Stakeholder Management
• Accountable for ensuring that Key Account customers are ‘signed up’ and committed towards Maersk’s key Client program for the long term, for both Maersk and the customers’ mutual benefit.
• Accountable for ensuring that a professional, mutually valued Business Performance Review (BPR) program is in place for all Key Account customers, with appropriate frequency, agreed scope of performance review (including recent, current and future perspectives), engagement and attendance by Maersk and Customer key stakeholders, and a continuous improvement context being foundations of each review meeting. BPR meetings are to be professionally recorded and minuted, with agreed and time bound actions assigned and published to concerned parties, and stakeholders, without exception.
• 4 years + in a Key Account Management role, Preferably in Aid and Relief.
• Able to deeply build an understanding of Key Account customers’ strategic intent and current position, thereafter identifying further opportunities for partnership
• Proven track record of targeting, pursuing and winning opportunities in a sizeable portfolio of key customers, through personal and collaborative selling efforts.
• A good understanding of logistics and forwarding products, solutions, pricing and terminology, competitive landscape in the local market
• Proven track record in a matrix, multi cultural organisation, building strong relationships and networks both locally and internationally.
• Highly developed persuasiveness and influencing skills
• Consummate communicator and presenter
• Numerate, financially astute and analytical
• Strong organisational and planning skills, can translate strategies to plans to results
• Well developed Negotiation skills
• Has strong needs evolution and questioning skills
• Demonstrable ability to handle most common customer objections
• Resilient, tenacious and persistent, self motivated and performance driven
• Numerate and analytical
• Fluency in English
What we offer:
Firstly, we offer you a unique opportunity to join an established company within international shipping & logistics, you will be an essential part of the company and get a high degree of personal responsibility.
A career at Maersk Group means working in a culturally diverse, performance stimulating environment. You’ll be part of a rich heritage and a youthful and exuberant logistics company that aims to be an inspiring and challenging place to work. We believe that a successful career includes a variety of experiences that stretch you, take you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to grow in ways that also build your business.