As a Key Account Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing and developing existing key accounts. You’ll do this by networking, establishing relationships with key accounts and seeking new opportunities in order to achieve your sales targets.
On a day-to-day basis your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Networking and seeking/pursuing new business opportunities.
- Advising customers technically on a product level
- Monitoring market trends and competitor activity in your assigned territory
- Reviewing specifications, drawings and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates and technical proposals
- Preparing periodic sales reports showing sales volumes including potential sales comparing with budget
- Investigating and coordinating the resolution of customer problems related to product, technical and engineering points and delivery or service
This is a role where you’ll encounter a rich diversity of internal and external clients.
Although you’ll be working independently, we have a mixture of key account managers and inside sales executives on our team with 2 to 25 years’ experience. With this breadth of experience, you can always count on their support.
Due to the nature of the role, you can expect to travel for 80% of your time.