As a Project Planner, you will be responsible for the key milestone planning and reporting for all projects in the ICT Infrastructure scope as well as keeping an eye on the cost of the various projects. You will clearly set out decision moments and turnaround times for and with all of the disciplines involved in a project. You will set up a project milestone plan for every project and consolidate these in a departmental activity report. Armed with your support, information and reports, the project teams will be more predictable in their delivery and the overall IT infra team will be in a position to set or adjust the course of the projects and delivery promptly. You are part of the IT infra project delivery Team located in the Veghel headquarters, but you support the leaders globally.
You will be responsible for your own scope of work at the IT Infra Team. You will set priorities, identify problems and take the steps necessary to resolve them (as part of a multidisciplinary approach). You will be involved in every phase of a project: from pre-sales, sales, engineering, supply, shipping, the commissioning of systems and the eventual transitioning to the support. As a project planner, you will work intensively with the IT Lead Engineer, but also with the IT Infra Solution Architects, Engineers and where available the Project Leaders. You will be the key person owning the project time and cost management and help keeping an eye on the scope of the project. You will help manage the expectations of the other Vanderlande project teams, with whom you will work closely together, and align the milestones with the various departments that support the project delivery such as supply chain. You will be a critical part the team that will ensure that projects are completed successfully, on time and withing budget.
If you’re an experienced, enthusiastic and Analytical project planner you will excel at:
· Effectively translating the scope of a project into an overall project plan using standard reporting milestones
· Identifying the critical path in a project plan and the corresponding opportunities and risks
· Coordinating the individual project plan with the project lead engineer and Project Leader if available
· Tracking and Reporting on the progress being made on the project within the portfolio
· Preparing and maintaining the IT Infra portfolio plan
· If required, promptly creating and delivering a detailed plan upon request
· Coordinating the what-if analyses and alternative project plans when scope or timelines change
· Keeping an eye on the project cost and tracking the CPI’s and SPI’s for portfolio reporting
· Transfer the project milestones to a central tool and support the resources assignment planning for the projects
· Senior secondary technical vocational education and training (Dutch MBO+) or Bachelor education (Dutch HBO);
· 2-3 years' experience of working in a project organization;
· Planning experience;
· Preferably a project management certification such as PMI , Agile or Prince
· Strong communication skills and the ability to liaise at different levels. You have the ability to involve people and to convince them of the importance of sharing and receiving information in order to identify and maintain common project interests;
· Strong Excel skills;
· Understanding of a Industrial IT Infrastructure is preferred
· Workplace in Veghel with occasional travel to Dortmund
· English advanced knowledge is a must, Dutch and German Speaking and Writing is a pre
I would like to discuss this during a personal conversation.