• You will be part of the Global Indirect Tax team reporting to a senior indirect tax manager.
• You will be working on projects across the world and will be working on all focus areas and priorities of our Global Indirect Tax team. Based on your experience, you might be assigned specific focus areas, such as geographical focus or content focus. However, you will continue to have a broad VAT role.
• You will work closely with stakeholders across our organization, including our Tax Operations Center located in India.
• Your day-to-day activities and priorities include amongst other:
o monitoring, assessing and implementing VAT law changes and VAT case law;
o business advisory with respect to new products/services, VAT opportunities and risks and proposing improvements in existing VAT related (finance and systems) processes etc.;
o work together with our Tax Operations Center to resolve or improve VAT compliance areas and procedures;
o manage/resolve tax audits and other exposures;
o contribute to our indirect tax control framework set-up and execution.
• The successful candidate will have a relevant academic degree.
• You have at least 3-6 years of experience advising on VAT in a tax consultancy firm, in-house tax department or tax authorities.
• You have experience with VAT in an international context, covering multiple countries or areas.
• You have experience with and an interest in ERP systems setup and the impact on indirect taxes
• You are a strong communicator. Your English is excellent in speech and writing.
• You possess effective client/project management and task prioritization skills.
• You are an effective team player. Finally, you possess good social skills, are self-reliant and you can handle multiple priorities.
What we offer:
• You are offered a dynamic role alongside our dedicated colleagues in a global tax department.
• We operate in a structured, result-oriented manner with an eye for quality and service.
• We encourage openness and new ideas.
• You will join an ambitious team of tax professionals and gain a thorough understanding of the special indirect tax issues for a shipping and container logistics industry.