being part of a dynamic team of compliance professionals acting on a global mandate to coordinate internal and regulatory investigations across our organization. As a senior investigator within Rabobank’s Internal and Regulatory Investigations Team, you ensure accuracy and consistency in investigations conducted and investigate allegations of violations of Rabobank policies and other regulatory matters which may be confidential or sensitive. You will help to bring structure and operational excellence into the investigations processes, assist in larger global investigations as well as investigations in the Dutch Rabobank domain and will operate with integrity. A responsibility with impact, which you can make a difference in making sure we as a bank ‘do the right thing’.
Making a difference:
- Conducting internal and regulatory investigations, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Conducting interviews is an important part of the investigations to be conducted.
- Making detailed legal analysis, determining scope of investigations, defining next steps, action points, analyzing data, managing governance aspects and preparing investigation plans, reports and remediation steps.
- Ensuring compliance with laws, rules and regulations, including on data privacy, confidentiality, Anti Money Laundering and, where relevant OFAC/Sanctions requirements and the reporting of suspicious activities, as well as all Rabobank policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Drafting of clear and concise reports for all levels of management and other stakeholders; preparing of recommendations and decisions to be taken by senior management.
- Performing quality control review over work product and managing the investigation workflow; documenting investigation plans and other relevant documents and decisions.
- Cooperating with other departments (eg legal, business) to perform or oversee investigations.
- Liaising with external parties such as consultants and external legal counsel; and communicate with regulators.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Internal and Regulatory Investigations Team brings talented people together dedicated to conduct and coordinate complex investigations safeguarding Rabobanks’ adherence to compliance requirements, rules and regulations. The Financial Economic Crime unit is the global expertise center within Compliance. Its Internal and Regulatory Investigations Team has a key role in the promotion and safe-guarding of Rabobank’s integrity and reputation. While conducting investigations, you will cooperate with other departments globally to ensure progress and effective communication with key stakeholders. In this role you will report to the manager of the Internal and Regulatory Investigations Department, within the Financial Economic Crime unit.
Complex problem solving, collaborating and judgement & decision making are essential skills required for this role of Internal and Regulatory Investigations Officer. In addition, it's important that you recognize yourself in the points below.
- a master’s law degree or (forensic) chartered accountant degree;
- at least six years of relevant investigationsor legal experience in the banking sector;
- excellent (legal) analytical skills, judgement and demonstrated problem solving skills: the ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and attention to detail;
- ability to understand strategic priorities and apply risk-based considerations to factual analysis and advice;
- proficient knowledge of compliance laws, rules, regulations and risks and experience in collaborating with international law firms and forensic auditing firms in investigations;
- knowledge of banking products, financial markets and instruments including knowledge of international regulatory compliance requirements;
- strong project management skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks, self-prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and to work well under pressure. Willingness to take ownership of projects;
- Ability to conduct interviews in both the Dutch and English language and overall xcellent communication skills. Fluent English and Dutch language capability (both verbally and in writing).
Growing a better world together
You will already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labour market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society.
- Many people are not yet aware of the benefits of energy-efficient housing. We take responsibility by telling our customers how they can reduce their energy bills, while also helping the environment.
Would you like to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment in which you continue learning each day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations and to do the right thing exceptionally well, and grow as a professional. In addition, on the basis of a 36-hour working week, you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between € 5.325,90 and € 7.608,43 (fg 11) (classification depends on education, knowledge and experience);
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- a personal budget that is yours to spend on your career and personal development;
- willingness to travel internationally if necessary;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! If you prefer to travel by car or motorbike you can choose receiving a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we are looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a senior Regulatory Investigations Officer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Good to know:
- Apply via the 'Apply' button. We would like to receive your cv and motivation letter.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Linde Zwart, Manager Internal and Regulatory Investigations, via Linde.Zwart@rabobank.nl.
- Linda van Gogh, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Linda.van.Gogh@rabobank.nl.
- We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Sourcing Board Compliance. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at Legal.Compliance@rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on Rabobank’s screening procedures, we assess reliability of all new staff.
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!