Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA) is a leading health technology company focused on improving people's health and enabling better outcomes across the health continuum from healthy living and prevention, to diagnosis, treatment and home care. Philips leverages advanced technology and deep clinical and consumer insights to deliver integrated solutions. Headquartered in the Netherlands, the company is a leader in diagnostic imaging, image-guided therapy, patient monitoring and health informatics, as well as in consumer health and home care. Philips generated 2018 sales of EUR 18.1 billion and employs approximately 80,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries.
As an Intellectual Property Engineer, you have the opportunity to be at the cradle of new Homecare innovations that make many households a better place. You support product development teams on IP related issues and you assure prevention of our IP's being infringed by the other parties. You actively take part in the scans of competitors and you have detailed knowledge of our IP portfolio. You lead evidence to build up selected cases where we pursue infringers. You cooperate with IP Officer/Coordinator and IP Counsel. Join our success!
You are responsible for
• Active maintenance of the knowledge of competitor products and their patent portfolio
• Analyzing patent portfolio of the infringing party
• Definition (together with IP Counsel) of evidence required to build infringement case
• Building experimental evidence for the infringement case, including recorded evidence
• Performing backfire analysis, jointly with IP Officer / Coordinator and experts defining vulnerabilities of our IP portfolio
• Writing up technical reports supporting the case
You are a part of
One of Philips' most successful teams, with a growth that manages to over-deliver time after time. Our dynamic team consisting of over 60 engineers and is responsible for the complete cycle of product development such as product and consumer research, pre-development, mechanical and electrical engineering, project management and realization.
You are going to be a part of our pre-development team that is at the frontline of innovations in Homecare, together with ~25 Function Development Engineers and Architects. You are going to act as a local interface between the central Philips Intellectual Property & Standards department (IP&S) and our Drachten team.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• A technical Masters degree
• Experience in dealing with patents for an R&D company or a strong and proven affinity for dealing with patents;
• You have a hands-on attitude;
• As a person, you are entrepreneurial, have a good eye for detail and you have excellent communication skills in English - verbal and written;
• A great deal of self-discipline and perseverance to deliver either solo or in teams.
Yacht will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result, you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!