Siemens Cranes is one of the global key players in the crane electrification and automation business. More than 5000 container cranes world-wide are driven by Siemens automation technology. One of our latest developments is fully automated harbor cranes. The first fully automated Siemens terminal is operational and this blueprint will be transferred to automate other terminals worldwide.
Therefore we are looking for a Solution engineer who will be the IT specialist for Siemens Cranes in The Hague and who will be participating in the development of automation solutions for harbor cranes. You will be working in complex projects dealing with the integration of a diversity of systems like: Automation and subsystem software, S7 PLC’s, HMI systems, PC networks, virtualization, cyber security topics . A typical projects last for 1 to 2 years and is realized with development / design in Holland & Germany followed by pre-commissioning in China and is finalized at the end customer location.
Reporting to the head of engineering, you will be involved in every aspect of the project development lifecycle from feasibility to support and maintenance of all products. You will be responsible for the IT side of the projects we do: designing, implementing and supporting. You will have a unique role at the department as a driving force to guide us in the rapid developing world of IT.
• Develops technological concepts as input for system and solution development.
• Designs and engineers the solution down to detail to satisfy the specified requirements of the customer.
• Is responsible for the realization of the solution with the required functionality, prepares the design documentation.
• Defines the products, components and systems to be used and their concrete characteristics.
• Monitors system performance in the prototyping, test and verification phase.
• Supports the commissioning phase with the customers, and analyzes potential malfunctions.
• Identifies and defines technical requirements for realizing alternative applications.
• Evaluates different build in concepts, with respect to technological and commercial aspects.
• Ensures observance of specifications.
We seek motivated, enthusiastic and detail-oriented engineers with a desire to see their work featured in deployed systems. This function is new in the department therefore we are looking for someone who can pioneer in this role.
• Degree in (Technical) Computer Science, Electrical engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
• Thorough experience in the use of computers in industrial / technical applications;
• 5+ years relevant IT engineering experience;
• Networking: Routing and switching knowledge / Managed switches / VPN / Wireshark / Tcpdump / Firewall;
• Operating System: Windows Server;
• Virtualization Knowledge: VMware vs Hyper-V;
• Troubleshooting skills: Root cause analysis / Performance tuning and monitoring;
• Relevant experience with selecting and configuring: Domain Controllers and Cloud computing;
• Affinity with cyber security;
• Ability to write clear and concise documentation (such as requirements, design and testing procedures);
• Ability to work in a team and autonomously;
• Ability to self-start and deliver on time and on budget;
• Highly motivated, good organizational skills, excellent communication skills.
Hours: full-time 40 hours (32h negotiable)
Location: The Hague (travel time 15%)
Freelancers are also welcome for this position.