At a glance
Are you at least a 2nd year HBO student with a knack for talent acquisition? Do you want to experience what being a Recruitment professional really is? Search no more! ABN AMRO offers you the possibility to develop yourself together with the best professionals in the business. What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Recruitment is the basic engine of the I&T Internship Desk! Our mission consist in finding the new talents that will help us to shape ABN AMRO into a future proof bank. For that matter we are looking for 2 all-round interns for July 2020.
You will help us to recruit the best talents available by:
- Collecting, creating and updating ABN AMRO internship vacancies by pro-actively reaching out to managers and encourage them to come out with internship assignments.
- Screening CVs and matching applicants to suitable vacancies within the bank.
- Performing and/or supporting interviews.
- Guiding the onboarding of new interns.
- Actively guide graduate interns at the end of their internship to find them a suitable job at ABN AMRO.
- Collecting and analysing data (e.g., internship satisfaction measures, KPI’s).
- Attending (external and internal) events to promote our vacancies and/or services.
- Using your fresh knowledge and new perspectives to improve our recruitment and talent acquisition methods.
- And many more! There’s always room for new exciting ideas in our team.
Your working environment
Innovation & Technology (I&T) is one of ABN AMRO’s business lines and covers IT, Facility Management, Procurement, Operations & Group Innovation. The I&T Office supports all departments within I&T and consists of Strategy, Management and Lean consultancy, a Performance & Analytics team and, lastly, the Competence & Change team, of which the I&T Internship Desk is part of.
Competence & Change (C&C) is responsible for Talent Attraction and Talent Development. Within C&C, the I&T Internship Desk adds value to Talent Attraction by facilitating the placement of interns within I&T. The main goal of recruiting and placing interns is to attract new talent for starters positions at ABN AMRO.
Here at the I&T Internship Desk you will work on a daily basis mostly with you peer interns and your coordinator, but your C&C colleagues will be always willing to help, support or challenge you. In our team you will find open, flexible, ambitious and passionate people. We believe in agility, hard work, constant improvement and self-development, but above all we do our jobs while having fun!
- You are at least a 2nd year HBO student.
- Your study covers HRM, Psychology, or any other related studies.
- You can start from July 1st (can be discussed).
You recognise yourself from the following descriptions:
- Autonomous: you are disciplined enough to work without supervision and succeed.
- Communicative: you can convey information in an accurate and clear manner.
- Customer focus: you can maintain an effective and satisfactory relation with our stakeholders and candidates.
- Entrepreneurial mind: you are open to improvements, innovation, and new opportunities.
- IT affinity: The biggest challenge at I&T.
- Multitasker: in the middle of your everyday work some wild priorities may appear, and they must be treated accordingly.
- Organised: you are often described as being organized, reliable, and confident.
- Proactive: there’s a lot to do, most of it we haven’t even thought of yet.
- Pro learner: you are curious about new knowledge and eager to make it yours.
- Responsible: you fulfil your objectives successfully according to your deadlines.
- Results oriented: you always keep your goals in mind and take practical steps to achieve them.
- Team-player: you are a social person which loves to work in groups, sharing responsibilities but also laughs, coffee, and of course success!
What we offer
This is the enriching internship opportunity you were looking for! You will have the chance to work in one of the best work environments of The Netherlands. At ABN AMRO we encourage you to develop yourself into the much needed talent the world is waiting for!
As an ABN AMRO intern you will receive
- a work laptop
- monthly fixed compensation (€600 for MSc students and €450 BSc students),
- a personal development coach
- a fun, flexible, and creative team of interns
- frequently occurring afterwork drinks / coffee sessions
- many other benefits
We offer you the possibility to stand out and make a difference. Feel invited to come and make history with us! Leave a mark that’s forged with hard work, commitment, and companionship. You don’t believe us? Come and see it for yourself!
If you are confident about becoming a valuable member of our team, apply right away! And don’t forget; a well thought-out, structured CV and motivation letter can make you stand out from the crowd!
How to do it?
- Put only job relevant items in your CV and letter.
- In your letter present yourself briefly and then tell us WHY you are interested in both this assignment in particular and working at ABN AMRO in general. Subsequently, explain HOW you will be adding value to our team by highlighting your relevant skills and experience.
- Lastly, always include your availability period (e.g., from July 2020 to December 2019) and the objective of your internship (e.g., thesis research, work experience).
We are looking forward to get to know you!
Any doubts, questions or compliments for us? Get in touch via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (020-3433443) or WhatsApp (+31 06 831 53373)!
Application Deadline: 15 Juni 2020
Please Note: If you are not an EU-resident you need a valid working permit or a three way contract if you are a student.