For our Finance & Accounting team consisting of four professionals, we are looking for a senior financial accountant to be based in our Utrecht office. With the team you will be covering significant accounting areas of our two legal entities; our Dutch N.V. and our US Inc. You will be providing support to your colleagues in both the Netherlands and the US.
As financial accountant, reporting to our Financial Accounting Director, you will be making sure that the assigned tasks are executed correctly, timely, completely and in compliance with internal guidelines, SOX and US GAAP. Next to this you work seamlessly together within the team and you will meet timelines and requirements. You will be working on the N.V. and Inc. books. This role requires deep and comprehensive accounting knowledge, overseeing the bigger picture and next to this we want you to bring a continuous improvement and optimization mindset.
These will be your day-to-day tasks:
- Contribute to a flawless month-end, quarter-end and year-end process for the areas assigned to you
- Executing accounting transactions, journal entries on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Processing transactions for all cash accounts and financial investments
- Fixed assets (i.e. additions, disposals, impairments) and depreciations.
- G&A accruals and pre-paid expenses
- Weekly payment batch controls
- Executing, controlling and filing of VAT returns and reconciliations hereof
- EC Sales listing and German VAT filing
- Provide hands on support to other operational accounting areas where needed
- Preparing month-end reconciliations, specifications, explanations in your area
- Initiate and contribute to process improvements
- Execute and document SOX controls in your area
- Interact with internal organization
- Interact with external specialists such as accountants
We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours. Our talented international team works in an inspiring area of Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park). We also offer an excellent pension scheme, company bonus, and 30 days annual holiday based on a full-time position. We care about team spirit and organize several company events each year.
Working at Merus provides you with opportunities to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success. You will have the chance to make an impact within the oncology field by helping to develop bispecific antibody therapies (Biclonics®) to fight cancer. Merus’ headquarters are located in the Netherlands, with a US headquarters of its subsidiary Merus US, Inc. in Cambridge Massachusetts (Boston area). As of 2016 we are listed on Nasdaq Global Market and over the last 10 years we have taken several candidate drugs into clinical trials.
When hiring new employees, we look for people who will fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of our company. REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant education on bachelor level
- You are proficient in financial accounting, with proven hands-on accounting experience
- Previously worked in biotechnology or pharming is advantageous
- Your interpersonal skills are excellent, according to the people around you
- You have a strong sense of urgency, accuracy and quality
- Hands on personality and focused on improvements
- Result driven, analytical, focused on throughput and output
- SAP experience is an advantage
- Excellent and advanced Excel skills
- You’re fluent in Dutch and English
- You are able to work in an international environment across time zones
Apply directly via the "Apply"
button or for more information about the application procedure, please contact Merus Recruitment via telephone number +31(0)85 – 016 2500