1. Have a full understanding and knowledge of all costs for the scope of clusters and/or cost types and have full awareness of the Tiger reports and numbers being published. The scope of costs cover any cost (Business or administrative) that an LOC is responsible for (Terminal, Port Expenses, FEF, FEO, EMR, SG&A, SLA, Admin etc.).
2. Act as the single point of contact for anything related to either performance management of the Ops function or input provider for the scope of responsibility. This include explanation of either business impact or financial/ accounting impacts of the scope of responsibility.
3. Responsible to drive any projects, improvements etc. required for the respective Ops execution function or even cross-functional support. This may include anything that impacts the LOC and requires work with HQ, Region, GSC and Area stakeholders. This also includes working on projects, Business plan, Annual Priorities, SMART OPS or any other projects that may be required.
4. FBPs will be responsible to regularly share information with the GSCs to ensure that business knowledge and cost principles are aligned so that any numbers being produced are published with full support and awareness of the FBP.
5. FBPs will drive the Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly, monthly, MLOS agenda with the Ops execution functions as well as within the Finance teams.
6. FBPs will work in close coordination with the respective execution functions and will act as advisor/ support to that leader. The leader may request FBPs to provide analysis on business performance parameters etc. as deemed necessary.
7. The OPS FBPs will work with their cohort communities that are based in other LOCs and may be involved with global projects to enhance and improve their knowledge and processes in which they may be involved.
• Candidates with any Business partnering experience are encouraged to apply, any experience in Banking, investment companies, retail, shipping, established start-ups, and would be ideal.
•Candidates with a Master degrees in Economics, Business, Finance, MBA, or similar will be preferred. At a minimum a Finance certification of Bachelor degrees in Finance or economics is mandatory
• Ideal candidates are self-starters who drive the organizational performance with a high sense of urgency & passion.
• Skills in Advanced analysis and/ or Power BI are an added advantage
• Have a working knowledge of SAP
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills combined with ability to condense detailed subject matter into clear and effective communications
• Builds broad-based business relationships across the organization. Skillfully influences peers and colleagues to promote and sell ideas. Proactively surfaces and resolves conflict with minimal noise
• Ability to influence and drive change across multiple functional units
• Results oriented, drives issues to closure
• Possesses strong business knowledge
• Organization and time management skills - multi-tasking and prioritizing (based on impact), planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines and high level goals
• Adaptable and able to keep the bigger picture in focus while navigating through a complex issue
• Ability to work both independently, as well as and as part of a cross-departmental team where innovative solutions are required
• Strong Financial acumen who understands the impact of decisions taken through simulations
• Strong communicator who is able to digest information and communicate a clear message to all relevant stakeholders through the use of visuals and data
• Structured but pragmatic in approach
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Good Project Management Office toolbox - planning, risk management, cost management, calculating benefits.
What we offer:
• A position in a fast-moving and constantly developing regional function with exposures to all functions within and across the region
• A challenging job with a steep learning curve in a truly international and diverse working environment
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth
• Value and Team based leadership
• An open and engaging company culture
• A wide range of international career opportunities
• Ensure Operating system for performance management is active in the assigned execution team
• Responsible for effective KPI deployment within assigned execution team/teams
• Ensure Visual Management systems are effectively used to highlight and improve performance levels
• Engage with their assigned function by participating in their daily stand ups and weekly meetings
• Partner with the execution team/teams to ensure Wildly Important Goals (WIGs) are known and pursued
• Objectively assess the RCA tools and framework is in place and coach assigned execution team as needed
• Objectively challenge performance of the assigned team
• Produce relevant management reports, Gap analysis and co-create improvement plans with the assigned execution teams
• Use a strong understanding of the cost drivers with the operations and take ownership of cost development
• Engage with ops/fin to stay updated on business developments that impact cost developments and challenge cost escalations
• Challenge business case or decision base assumptions and ensure that a benefit realization check is in place for all major business cases
• Use balanced and independent analysis to provide data and drive business decisions across multiple stakeholders and management levels
• Contribute and help deliver on Joint cost saving plans with assigned cluster
• Assist the Operations Business CFO in working closely together with the Regional Finance team, driving cost recovery/reduction, profitability, and ensure close alignment between the regional/country cluster and the operations
• Actively participate in the Operations finance community to learn & share best practices as needed