Lightyear is an innovative and progressive scale-up with one mission: clean mobility for everyone, everywhere.
Lightyear originates from the legacy as a multiple world championship of the Bridgestone World Solar Challenge® Cruiser Class. Officially established in 2016 by 5 visionaries with the dream to make this groundbreaking technology accessible to everyone, everywhere. In order to accelerate the transition towards a truly sustainable solution for mobility, we believe that it is necessary to completely rethink automotive design by starting from scratch, not limited by industry conventions.
At Lightyear, we all strive for the same goal. We have a team with diverse skill sets and backgrounds; all working tirelessly towards clean mobility for everyone, everywhere. We’re proud of our culture and live up to our core values: think independently, be bold, deliver the change, put people first and take responsibility. Our shared vision is what
Are you looking for a broad role with electronics and electrical design?
Do you feel the urge to keep evolving and pushing forward?
Do you have relevant experience?
Want to join us?
Working at Lightyear is a unique experience. You get the opportunity to work for a company with a pure and meaningful mission. A mission that will make a positive and lasting impact on future generations.
What will you do as Sr. Electronics Engineer?
You will become part of the Electrical domain within engineering as part of the Product Circle. You will act as a specialist in electronics design, preferably electronics design for automotive applications. For our current project you will fulfill the role as (Lead) design engineer inverters. You will answer all electronics related questions throughout engineering with your expertise. At this moment the priority lies at the inverters team but be prepared for a very broad range of questions and challenges.
Your day will never be the same, you will work with highly motivated and talented colleagues on several challenging electronics topics. You will answer all electronics related questions throughout engineering dazzling us with your expertise. On Monday you will work thoroughly on an hot electronics topic and on Tuesday you will make a detailed planning for a different part of the car. On Wednesday you will dive into a super specialistic simulation for Lightyears in-house developed Vehicle Performance Model. Thursday is a day in which you will work closely with a Software Engineer to develop a tool that will make your work easier so you can focus on the truly interesting and future changing concepts. And on Friday you will enjoy our epic Friday afternoon drinks and at the end of the week having a highly contributed feeling about the achieved results. Building the way forward for Lightyear. Never a dull day. Because of our young and fast growing organization you are able to influence your activities in such a way that you gain the highest level of efficiency. Your entrepreneurial mindset can thrive to make sure that you work on the right topics at the right time. Your job will consist of but is not limited to:
· Model development and data analysis in Matlab/Simulink/PLECS
· Drivetrain performance engineering
· Motor Control Simulations
· Requirement & specification writing
· Electrical circuit design (Embedded, MCU, sensors, communications)
· Schematic and PCB design
· Guiding manufacturing (MES)
What do we expect from a Sr. Electronics Engineer at Lightyear?
In order to succeed in the dynamic world of Lightyear pro-activity, professionalism, communication and adaptability are crucial. We are looking for people with an ambitious attitude who learn from the past (tried and tested) and who strive to set new standards when needed. You possess practical knowledge about manufacturability, cost engineering and the relation between simulation and practice. Furthermore we are looking for someone with:
· A Master degree preferably in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· 5 to 10 years of full time relevant experience in the field of electronics design
· Extensive experience in electronics and electrical design with the ambition to keep evolving
· Ability and experience in offering support and advice in electrical engineering specific automation, processes, tooling etcetera
· Strong fundamental knowledge of electronic systems analysis, modeling and control
· Ability to work in dynamical multidisciplinary teams
What can you expect from Lightyear?
In addition to a challenging role we also offer:
· A high degree of freedom and independence in your role
· A role within a multidisciplinary team consisting of highly motivated, inquisitive and talented people with a broad diversity of experience
· A role at one of the fastest growing technical companies in the Netherlands with tremendous potential
· 40 vacation days per year
· An interesting and balanced pension through Zwitserleven that is in line with the mission of Lightyear
· The ability to participate via shares and to be involved in the growth and success of Lightyear
· In addition to a dynamic working environment, there is time for relaxation during our already epic Friday afternoon drinks