Be an integral part of the WND growth success for Maersk. Being Region Europe WND Solution Design Engineer you will be the subject matter expert supporting the local sales organizations to win large scale WND opportunities. You derive success from consulting, resource modeling, lay-out design, cost calculations ultimately leading to viable and profitable value propositions for large scale and complex WND solutions within defined vertical industries.
This position can be based in any of our major office locations in Europe but preferably in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
· Implementation and compliance of all relevant approved Maersk commercial ‘ways of working’ blueprints and all associated tools, to continuously drive results from WND Clients.
· Develops and prepares new logistics concepts and value propositions based on identified best technical and organizational solutions.
· Prepares the design of solutions including lay-outs, resource calculations, IT requirements, operational processes and flows, costs.
· Ensures that Value Propositions sold are fully scoped with robust pre- and post-sales engagement and commitment from commercial, solutions, pricing and operational pursuit team members.
· Engage pro-actively in the sales process for Area WND opportunities, to act both as a sales differentiator and a safe-guard on operational viability of the WND solutions sold.
· On a regular basis, join the sales teams on client visits to get a better understanding of customer needs, explain market conditions, act as a subject matter expert regarding the WND product
· Adopting and sharing of best practices.
· Build market and product knowledge and ensure this information is shared with all relevant stakeholders, sales and colleagues in the wider business.
· Significant experience in International Supply Chain with ability to understand how supply chain solutions may be leveraged to deliver strategic intent across all functions of a client’s business
· Data driven with the ability to analyse and make the translation into appropriate solutions and actions plans.
· Proven track record in a matrix, multi-cultural organisation, building strong relationships and networks both locally and internationally
· Strong WND operational background and understanding, incl. extensive knowledge of technologies that support warehousing processes.
· Strong knowledge of Logistics processes and solution design outlines.
· Specialised knowledge relative to the Warehousing and Distribution industry in Europe – including logistics management processes, WMS capabilities and restrictions. Trade / Regulatory / Statutory and Security compliance requirements, technological solutions relative to the verticals.
· Numerate, financially astute and analytical.
· Developed IT skills that include a comprehensive understanding of requirements from an interfacing and configuration perspective.
· Intellectual, strong organisational and planning skills: can translate strategies to plans to result
· Internal stakeholder management
· Agile and self-starter
What we offer:
You will be part of the biggest transformation in the shipping industry since the containerisation of shipping. You will be part of a dynamic regional team, engaged with key customers across Europe. We offer a high pace, empowered and informal working environ-ment focused on winning, exciting customers and ensuring personal growth. Your legacy within Maersk will be a significant contribution to the accelerated growth of WND in Europe.