ASML is a Dutch high-tech company and one of the main suppliers of machines for the semiconductor industry, in particular steppers and scanners, used in the manufacture of chips. Customers are mostly chip producers. ASML's head office and business complex is located in Veldhoven, where both research and development and assembly in cleanrooms takes place. The company also has sixty service points in fourteen countries to support the installation and delivery of machines and spare parts.
ASML originated from a joint venture of ASM International and Koninklijke Philips. ASML delivers worldwide, but most of its customers are based in Asia. In 2011, 66% of sales were generated in that region, 25% in the United States and just under 9% in Europe. The largest customer was responsible for a quarter of the total turnover. ASML's main supplier is Zeiss, a manufacturer of lenses and optical components. Zeiss's share in ASML's total purchasing costs is slightly less than 30%. Due to the great mutual interests, both companies have entered into a strategic alliance; it can only be broken if one of the parties gives notice three years in advance. ASML spends a lot of money on research and development;
Are you challenged by the engineering of electrical connectivity, electrical cabinet design and/or electromechanical module design for high-tech products? Do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? We might be looking for you!
As an Electro Mechanical Engineer, you are responsible for the electromechanical design, realization and to a limited extent qualifying of the electrical infrastructure of the products. Furthermore you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the electrical design engineer.
The concepts and products we mainly focus on are cables, racks, cabinets, PCBA and visualizing this into 2D/3D technical product documentation.
The Electro Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the following:
• Operate in a multidisciplinary team.
• Responsible for the technical content of the Technical Product Documentation.
• Configuration management of the Technical Product Documentation.
• Management of the electrical infrastructure between modules in the products.
• Specify, design (3D and 2D), document and maintain requirements of the various electrical products & electromechanical modules.
• Implementation of engineering changes into the products.
• Interfacing with other Electrical Mechanical Engineers.
• Interfacing with other disciplines and project teams.
• Act as a technical leader and be able to manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
• Make a personal work breakdown and planning.
• Act as a technical coach for other designers.
• Represent project team in several meetings.
• Bachelor / Master degree in electrical or electromechanical engineering
• 5+ years experience as designer, including experience with multidisciplinary module design.
• Experience with 3D and 2D CAD design of complex products, preferably experience in Siemens NX.
• Familiar with SAFe - Agile way of working is a plus
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions.
Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.