Coming up with solutions for challenging issues and getting organizations and yourself to a higher level. And that together with over 5000 professionals with different areas of expertise. Work that matters, makes people happy. That is what we believe in.
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, PhD) who work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
This vacancy is an interim position at our client that could lead to a contract with them directly.
For one of our clients we are looking for an Electro Mechanical Engineer:
As a designer, are you the driving force behind the design and development of various complex products for our clients in the high-tech industry? Then this job of Electro Mechanical Designer is for you!
You provide expertise in the field of the design of our electromechanics and fulfill an intermediary role between our company and the client.
Are you looking for a challenging and independent job with plenty of room for personal input and, in time, opportunities to grow into the role of Lead Designer?
As an Electro Mechanical Designer you find it a challenge to be at the beginning of the design of electro-technical / electro-mechanical modules / machines for our clients. You will be part of the Electromechanics team within the Design & Engineering department and participate in an internal project team. This means that you are the link between the project leader, architect and other team members. Together with about 35 fellow designers, you are responsible for the electromechanical part of the solution that we produce for and in consultation with our clients. You communicate with the customers in the context of assignments and are regularly work at the site of our customer. By asking the right questions you will get the customer’s wishes to the surface so that we can produce a solution that meets the customer’s needs as closely as possible. Questions such as which materials are to be used and which production techniques are to be used are matters that are dealt with on a daily basis. In this position you will also work together with the Mechanical and Embedded System team.
· drawing and reviewing module specifications together with the customer;
· converting the data supplied by the external or internal client into 3D models and production designs;
· independently designing, implementing, testing and documenting hardware (electro-technical / electro-mechanical) using state-of-the-art methods;
· developing testing and tools;
· assisting in the production of the developed products;
· drawing up and monitoring schedules;
· communicate with customers whether or not focused on an ongoing project and expanding the customer network;
· transferring knowledge and experience gained to colleagues.
First of all, you are communicative and sociable. You know how to maintain good contacts with your customer, colleagues and suppliers and you know what is going on with the various parties. You have a broad interest in technology and have knowledge of electronics, mechatronics and production techniques. It goes without saying that you keep up to date with the developments in your field and apply this knowledge adequately when advising customers. You are solution-oriented and able to work both as a team and independently. It goes without saying that you are neat and accurate in your work and that your production designs are made as optimally as possible.
Furthermore, you bring:
· a Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or Automotive Engineering;
· good knowledge and experience with MS Office Word and Excel;
· experience with a 3D design package (preferably Siemens NX);
· good communication and writing skills in English, Dutch is a pre;
· willingness to do your work on location at the customer;
· fulltime availability.
We offer you the first/next step in your career and together with Yacht you will build your career. We will always be in contact with you to make the best decisions for your career and make sure you will always have a challenging assignment.
With regards to the terms and conditions of the contract, we offer you a competitive salary. Besides this, we offer side benefits, such as a discount on collective health insurance, a good pension scheme, bonus and opportunities to grow and develop.
As a Yacht professional, you will become part of a group of professionals with a similar background and ambitions. This way you will have the chance to enhance your professional network and constantly learn.